2012-10-28 14:51:59 - New Consumer Goods market report from Business Monitor International: "Brazil Tourism Report Q4 2012"
The Brazil Tourism Report examines the significant long-term potential being offered by the local tourism industry, but flags short-term concerns about the lack of adequate airport infrastructure posing a challenge to the future development of air travel within the country.
The report also analyses the growth and risk management strategies being employed by some of the leading players in the Brazilian tourism sector (airlines and hotel chains), as they seek to maximise the tremendous growth opportunities being offered by the local market at the present time. The government is also taking steps to increase the amount of foreign investment in the tourism sector, with the Secretary of Tourism Development Programmes, Fabio Mota, travelling to the Arabian Hotel Investment Conference 2012, held
in Dubai in April-May, to boost foreign investor interest in Brazil.
With Brazil hosting the football World Cup in 2014 and the Olympic Games being held in Rio de Janeiro in 2016, BMI believes tourist arrivals will continue to grow strongly in the years ahead. Looking at preliminary indications for the current year, international disembarkations - which are released monthly by the Ministry of Tourism and serve as a proxy for tourist arrivals in the absence of this data being released by the ministry - show an increase of 4.95% year-on-year (y-o-y) over the first five months of 2012, to 3,890,492. Domestic disembarkations are also on an upward trajectory, rising by 6.62% y-o-y over January-May to 34,013,697.
Full Report Details at
The disembarkation data from the Ministry of Tourism covers all arrivals, including business, leisure and people visiting family and friends. However, whatever the purpose of travel, the data shows the overall trend in tourism remains positive in mid-2012, which will benefit airlines and hotels operating in Brazil.
Over the last quarter, BMI has revised the following forecasts and views:
* BMI believes the May announcement of a further US$3bn investment in tourism-related infrastructure by the Ministry of Tourism is very positive. This continued commitment to improving Brazil's tourism offering by the government should do much to bolster visitor numbers in the years ahead.
* This quarter, BMI has included a new company profile on Latam Airlines, including SWOT analysis, which can be found in the Company Profiles chapter of the report.
* BMI has slightly reduced its forecast for 2012 tourist arrivals, down to 8.0% growth from 9.3%, given the relatively slow start to the year. Over 2012-2016, we forecast a 40% increase in tourist arrivals to 8.26mn people.
Report Table of Contents:
- Brazil Tourism Industry SWOT
- Brazil Political SWOT
- Brazil Economic SWOT
- Brazil Business Environment SWOT
Industry Forecast Scenario
- Table: Arrivals, 2009-2016
- Table: Accommodation, 2009-2016 ('000)
- Table: Tourist Expenditure And Economic Impact, 2009-2016
- Inbound Tourism
- Table: Inbound Tourism, 2009-2016
- Outbound Tourism
- Table: Outbound Tourism, 2009-2016
Market Overview - Travel
- Commercial Airlines
- Global Oil Products Price Outlook
- Table: BMI Oil Price Forecasts, 2011-2016
Market Overview - Hospitality
- Accommodation Developments
- Budget Hotels
Business Environment Outlook
- Table: Latin America Tourism Risk/Reward Ratings
- BMI's Security Ratings
- Table: Latin America Security Ratings
- Table: Latin America State Vulnerability To Terrorism Ratings
- Brazil's Security Risk Ratings
- Latin America Security Overview
- Strategic Outlook For The 2010s
- Latin America In A Global Context
- Challenges And Threats To Security
- Role Of Outside Powers
- Key Factors To Consider In The 2010s
- Table: Global Assumptions, 2010-2016
- Table: Global And Regional Real GDP Growth, 2010-2013 (% chg y-o-y)
- Table: Developed Market Exchange Rates, 2010-2013
- Table: Emerging Market Exchange Rates, 2010-2013
- Developed States
- Table: Developed States Real GDP Growth Forecasts, 2010-2013 (% chg y-o-y)
- Emerging Markets
- Table: Emerging Markets Real GDP Growth, 2010-2013 (% chg y-o-y)
- Brazil Hospitality Group
- Gol Transportes Aereos
- Latam Airlines
- Table: Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: Rural/Urban Population Split, 1990-2020
- How We Generate Our Industry Forecasts
- Tourism Industry
- Tourism Ratings - Methodology
- Table: Tourism Risk/Reward Ratings Indicators
- Table: Weighting Of Components
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.