2013-12-14 12:28:47 - New Pharmaceuticals research report from GlobalData is now available from Fast Market Research
Breast cancer is a malignant tumor that originates in the breast tissues. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), breast cancer is the second most common cancer in the world and the most common cancer in women worldwide, accounting for 16% of all female cancers, making the disease exceedingly prevalent Breast cancer accounted for 519,000 deaths worldwide in 2004, of which 47-76% occurred in developing countries in the Americas, the Western Pacific region, and Europe (Mathers et al., 2008). In 2008, an estimated 715,000 new breast cancer cases were diagnosed in the more developed regions (Europe, North America, Australia/New Zealand and Japan), compared with 577,000 new cases diagnosed in the less developed countries (IARC, 2008).
GlobalData epidemiologists forecast that all nine
markets will see a substantial increase in the incident cases of breast cancer during 2012-2022. The total number of incident cases in the 9MM is expected to grow to 1.29 million cases in 2022 at a rate of 4.40% per year. The number of five-year prevalent cases in the 9MM is expected to increase by 43.9% over the next decade to 5,332,301 cases.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/752888_epicast_report_breast_cancer_epidemio ..
This forecast is supported by at least 10 years of robust, country-specific historical data obtained from the WHO International Agency for Cancer Research's (IARC's) SurvCan, the Surveillance of Epidemiology and End Results (SEER) Program Cancer Statistics Review 1975-2009, EUROCARE-4, research articles published in peer-reviewed journals, and the IARC's Cancer Incidence in Five Continents (CI-5) Plus database, which provided detailed case segmentation by age and sex and is considered the gold standard for international comparison of country-specific data. Another major strength of this analysis is that GlobalData epidemiologists compared the incident case projections with the estimates made by country-specific registries and the IARC, and found that the forecast numbers were in accordance with the international estimates.
* The Breast Cancer EpiCast Report provides an overview of the risk factors and global trends of invasive breast cancer in the 9MM (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, Brazil, and urban China). It includes a 10-year epidemiological forecast for the incident and five-year prevalent cases of breast cancer in women segmented by age (in five-year age groups beginning at 20 years and ending at 85 years and older), natural menopausal status, cancer stage at diagnosis (local, regional, distant, unstaged), and hormone receptor subtypes: ER+ and/or PR+, HER2-; ER-, PR-, HER2+; ER+ and/or PR+, HER2+; and ER-, PR-, HER2- (triple negative).
* The breast cancer epidemiology report is written and developed by Masters- and PhD-level epidemiologists.
* The EpiCast Report is in-depth, high quality, transparent and market-driven, providing expert analysis of disease trends in the 9MM.
Reasons to Get this Report
* Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global breast cancer market.
* Quantify patient populations in the global breast cancer market to improve product design, pricing, and launch plans.
* Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the age groups, menopausal status, cancer stage, and hormone receptor subtypes that present the best opportunities for breast cancer therapeutics in each of the markets covered.
Partial Table of Contents:
1 Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents
1.1 List of Tables
1.2 List of Figures
2.2 Upcoming Reports
3.1 Disease Background
3.2 Risk Factors and Comorbidities
3.2.1 A family history of breast cancer and BRCA1/2 gene mutations significantly increase the breast cancer risk
3.2.2 Reproductive hormonal factors influence the risk of breast cancer
3.2.3 Modifiable lifestyle-related factors increase the risk of mortality in breast cancer patients
3.2.4 Screening programs have been shown to reduce breast cancer mortality, although the benefits need to be carefully weighed against the risks
3.3 Global Trends
3.3.2 Prevalence and Survival
3.4 Forecast Methodology
3.4.1 Sources Used
3.4.2 Sources Not Used
3.4.3 Forecast Assumptions and Methods
3.5 Epidemiological Forecast for Breast Cancer (2012-2022) - Incident Cases
3.5.1 Incident Cases of Breast Cancer
3.5.2 Age-Specific Incident Cases of Breast Cancer
3.5.3 Incident Cases of Breast Cancer by Menopausal Status
3.5.4 Incident Cases of Breast Cancer Segmented by Stage at Diagnosis
3.5.5 Age-Standardized Breast Cancer Incidence Rates
3.6 Epidemiological Forecast for Breast Cancer (2012-2022) - Prevalent Cases
3.6.1 Five-Year Prevalent Cases of Breast Cancer
3.6.2 Age-Specific Five-Year Prevalent Cases of Breast Cancer
3.6.3 Five-Year Prevalent Cases by Menopausal Status
3.6.4 Five-Year Prevalent Cases by Hormone Receptor Subtypes
3.7.1 Epidemiological Forecast Insight
3.7.2 Limitations of the Analysis
3.7.3 Strengths of the Analysis
4.2 About the Authors
4.2.3 Global Director of Epidemiology and Health Policy
4.2.4 Global Head of Healthcare
4.3 About GlobalData
4.4 About EpiCast
List of Tables
1.1 List of Tables
Table 1: Selected Major Risk Factors and Comorbidities for Breast Cancer
Table 2: Breast Cancer Mortality Attributable to Lifestyle-Related Risk Factors
Table 3: 9MM, Current Status and Plans of Large-Scale Breast Cancer Screening Programs
Table 4: 9MM, Relative Survival Rate for Breast Cancer, All Ages*, Women, %, 1991-2004**
Full Table of Contents is available at:
GlobalData is a leading provider of global business intelligence including market, competitor, product and customer information. It provides in-depth research, analysis, data and forecasts through a range of interactive online databases, reports and management briefings. GlobalData has a large team of experienced research and analysis, consulting, and marketing experts. It has a global presence, including key offices in the US, Europe and Asia. The group has over 50 years of experience of delivering market intelligence data and analysis and a highly experienced senior management team. View more research from GlobalData at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1015
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.