2013-01-18 16:44:17 - New Food market report from Datamonitor: "ForeSights: Animal Welfare Certification"
This ForeSights report was compiled according to Datamonitor's ForeSights methodology which aims to identify new concepts that could influence consumer trends or have a future commercial application in consumer packaged goods.
* Consider emerging opportunities and threats in the consumer packaged goods market and gain insight into potential future consumer behavior.
* Identify interesting new and emerging concepts, products, and ideas on offer in retail, foodservice, online spaces, and beyond.
* Understand how new concepts and ideas fit in to - or challenge - current consumer trends.
* Gain insight and inspiration for innovation programs and new product development.
A majority of consumers globally are concerned about the welfare of farm animals, helping certification regimens that guarantee
adherence to standards of care gain importance. Recent controversies over issues like pig gestation crates are turning attention toward the issue of animal welfare, making the case for more humane animal products.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/530278_foresights_animal_welfare_certificati ..
Keywords: animal welfare, certification, humane, farm animals, pig gestation crates, cruelty, cages, crates, certified humane, hormone free, free range chicken, factory farms, family farms, pasture raised, grass fed, slow grown, slow raised, cows, hens, Sainsbury's, Tyson, battery cages, FarmCheck, pasturing, space, Freedom Food, Red Tractor.
Reasons to Get this Report
* Why is animal welfare becoming more of a top-of-mind issue with consumers?
* Certification programs often articulate specific rights for farm animals; what rights do these animals have under various certification schemes?
* Logo proliferation is a potential issue with certification schemes. How is this issue being handled by some retailers?
* Certain markets like the US are well known for "factory farms." How are product producers using animal welfare to fight back against factory farms?
* How is the "slow food" movement providing inspiration for what could be the next emerging trend in animal welfare?
The Datamonitor Group is a world-leading provider of premium global business information, delivering independent data, analysis and opinion across the Automotive, Consumer Markets, Energy & Utilities, Financial Services, Logistics & Express, Pharmaceutical & Healthcare, Retail, Technology and Telecoms industries. Datamonitor's market intelligence products and services ensure that you will achieve your desired commercial goals by giving you the insight you need to best respond to your competitive environment. View more research from Datamonitor at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1002
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.