2012-10-26 14:51:48 - Fast Market Research recommends "Germany Information Technology Report Q4 2012" from Business Monitor International, now available
BMI View: The German IT market is forecast to increase to US$61.3bn in 2012, up by around 2%, with positive growth despite the eurozone currency crisis. Consumers and businesses remain wary because of the risk of a new recession in the eurozone, and in 2011 IT spending continued to trend negatively, with a further decline in PC sales. However, the decline was at least relatively modest compared with that reported in many other EU markets. Over the next five years, we forecast a more favourable outlook for the German IT market, with areas of opportunity including cloud computing.
Headline Expenditure Projections
Computer hardware sales: US$16.1bn in 2011 to US$16.4bn in 2012, +2% in US dollar terms. Forecast in US dollar terms upwardly
revised due to analyst modification following modest growth in Q112.
Software sales: US$19.3bn in 2011 to US$19.7bn in 2012, +2% in US dollar terms. Forecast in US dollar terms upwardly revised due to analyst modification, but political and economic uncertainty will weigh on investments.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/479422_germany_information_technology_report ..
IT Services sales: US$24.8bn in 2011 to US$25.2bn in 2012, +2% in US dollar terms. Forecast in US dollar terms upwardly revised due to analyst modification, and growing demand for cloud computing services will provide a key opportunity.
Risk/Reward Rating: Germany's score was 80.0 out of 100.0. Germany ranked second in the Europe region in our latest business environment ratings table, behind only the UK, and ahead of France.
Key Trends & Developments
* The market's high level of exposure to the ongoing eurozone currency crisis suggests a more challenging economic outlook for German IT spending in 2012. Businesses remain cautious, but BMI expects IT spending to outperform GDP growth in 2012, and if business confidence improves then there could be a boost from pent-up demand. Surveys from 2011 had suggested that around 40% of German companies expected to increase spending on IT services, with enterprise resource planning and customer relationship management systems among the main spending areas.
* Cloud services in Germany should receive a boost from a European Commission ruling in mid- 2012 that cloud services are compatible with the EU law on privacy. Concerns and legal ambiguities regarding the security of data stored in the cloud has been seen as one factor contributing to the relatively slower uptake of cloud services in Europe compared with the United States. There is now increasing interest from government organisations as well as the private sector in cloud computing services such as SaaS and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS). Other key drivers of IT spending opportunity will include growing mobile and fixed broadband penetration, the proliferation of mobile devices such as smartphones, tablets and e-readers, data centre virtualisation, technology innovation such as GSP technology and services, and economic recovery.
Report Table of Contents:
- Germany IT Sector SWOT
- Germany Political SWOT
- Germany Economic SWOT
- Germany Business Environment SWOT
Europe Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: Europe Risk/Reward Ratings, Q412
IT Markets Overview
- IT Penetration
- Sectors And Verticals
- Government Authority
- E-Book Readers
- Market Trends
- Industry Developments
- Technology Budget
- Table: Germany IT Sector - Historical Data & Forecasts , 2009-2016
Industry Forecast Internet
- Table: Telecoms Sector - Internet - Historical Data & Forecasts, 2009-2016
- IT Services
- Table: Germany - Macroeconomic Forecasts, 2012-2016
- Table: Germany's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: Germany's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: Germany's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: Germany's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- How We Generate Our Industry Forecasts
- IT Industry
- IT Ratings - Methodology
- Table: IT Business Environment Indicators
- Table: Weighting Of Components
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.