2013-01-30 08:40:05 - New Energy market report from Business Monitor International: "Israel Petrochemicals Report Q1 2013"
The Israel Petrochemicals Report examines the impact of the eurozone slowdown on chemicals output and considers alternative markets for exports. The report examines the impact of the petrochemicals industry's exposure to developed markets and considers how Israel is seeking to maximise opportunities elsewhere. The report also analyses how industry consolidation, coupled with currency depreciation, has affected the structure of the Israeli petrochemicals market and whether this has balanced out the cost disadvantages caused by a lack of indigenous feedstock sources.
Israel's chemicals industry faced slowing activity on the domestic market and the eurozone sovereign debt crisis, although this was mitigated by increased exports to Latin America, particularly in the fertiliser sector. While there have been reports of net losses in some
segments amid weakened exports, BMI believes the decline will be reversed in 2013 when the domestic market recovers amid GDP growth of 3.3%. BMI also has a bullish view of the medium-term outlook as the economy continues to strengthen over the forecast period.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/529370_israel_petrochemicals_report_q1_2013. ..
Of more concern to the Israel petrochemicals industry over the medium term is the downturn in industrial growth. This will limit domestic petrochemicals consumption growth in downstream industries, although the shekel's weakness should undermine the competitiveness of petrochemicals imports on the local market.
Over the last quarter, BMI has revised the following forecasts/views:
* Although faltering growth in key developed export markets will continue to weigh on the relatively large external sector, Israel's increasing diversification towards faster-growing emerging markets, as well as ongoing product specialisation should lessen the constraint.
* BMI expects the Israeli shekel to continue depreciating, enabling chemicals exporters to maintain competitive prices.
* Naphtha costs will decline in line with oil prices, leading to an easing of costs through the petrochemicals value chain and bolstering domestic production.
* BMI does not envisage any substantial increase in petrochemicals capacities during our forecast period (ending in 2017), with no plans for any new petrochemicals plants over the medium term.
* In BMI's MEA petrochemicals risk/reward ratings matrix, Israel lies in fifth place, with a score of 56.8 points, unchanged since the previous quarter. With no planned significant growth in petrochemicals capacities over the medium term, Israel's score is unlikely to change much between now and the end of our forecast period in 2017, although it could be improved by better political, economic and business risk ratings.
Report Table of Contents:
- Israel Petrochemicals Industry SWOT
- Israel Political SWOT
- Israel Economic SWOT
- Israel Business Environment SWOT
Global Petrochemicals Overview
Global Oil Products Price Outlook
- Table: BMI's Refined Products Forecasts , 2010-2016
- Table: Middle East Outperforms In Terms of Passenger Growth
Middle East Market Overview
- Table: Planned Ethylene Crackers In The Gulf Region
Israel Market Overview
- Table: Israel's Petrochemical Sector - Cracker Capacity, 2008-2016
Industry Trends And Developments
- Projects And Acquisitions
- Upstream Developments
Industry Forecast Scenario
- Table: Israel's Petrochemicals Sector, 2010-2017 ('000 tpa, unless otherwise stated)
Petrochemicals Risk/Reward Ratings
- Middle East And Africa Regional Petrochemicals Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: Middle East And Africa Petrochemicals Risk/Reward Ratings
- Israel Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: Israel - Economic Activity, 2011-2016
- Gadiv Petrochemicals Industries
- Israel Chemicals Ltd (ICL)
- Israel Petrochemical Enterprises (IPE)
Glossary Of Terms
- Table: Glossary Of Petrochemicals Terms
- Table: Israel's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: Israel's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: Israel's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: Israel's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- How We Generate Our Industry Forecasts
- Chemicals And Petrochemicals Industry
- Cross Checks
- Business Environment Ratings
- Table: Petrochemicals Business Environment Indicators And Rationale
- Table: Weighting Of Indicators
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.