2013-02-01 01:53:46 - New Fixed Networks market report from Business Monitor International: "Latvia Telecommunications Report 2013"
BMI View: The Latvian telecommunications market sits near the middle of BMI's regional risk/rewards ratings for a number of reasons. The country's mobile market is effectively saturated and cannot really sustain significant additional growth. Operators should be looking to mobile broadband and converged services to protect their investments, but consumer apathy and the weakened economy preclude a rapid turn-around. However, like neighbouring Lithuania, a concerted investment in mobile and fixed broadband could cushion the sector, providing a clear path for growth later in our five-year forecast period to 2017.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/529419_latvia_telecommunications_report_2013 ..
* Approximately 99,000 mobile subscribers were added in 9M12, with incumbent LMT and alternative player Tele2 jockeying for market leader position.
* Promoting their
mobile broadband services enabled operators to stabilise their ARPUs in 9M12, but we expect the average for the year as a whole will be lower than in 2011.
* The broadband market is being driven by mobile broadband. Around 64% of broadband connections were mobile accesses at the end of 2011.
Key Trends & Developments
In late-October 2012, the Public Utilities Commission awarded new wireless frequencies to Latvijas Mobilais Telefons (LMT) and Bite Latvia. LMT secured frequencies in the 2,300-2,330 megahertz (MHz) range, while Bite was granted frequencies in the 2,330-2,360MHz band. Each operator paid LVL110,000 for the new spectrum, which will enable them to provide advanced wireless data transmission services. Earlier, in January 2012, Latvia's four mobile operators each secured 4G LTE licences from the regulator for a total consideration of LVL2.37mn. The operators will be able to offer services in the 2,500-2,690MHz band from January 1 2014.
Report Table of Contents:
- Latvia Wireless SWOT
- Latvia Wireline SWOT
- Latvia Political SWOT
- Latvia Economic SWOT
- Latvia Business Environment SWOT
- Table: Central And Eastern Europe Risk/Reward Ratings, Q113
Industry Forecast Scenario
- Table: Latvian Telecoms Sector - Mobile Historical Data And Forecasts, 2010-2017
- Table: ARPU - Historical Data And Forecasts, 2010-2017
- Table: Latvian Telecoms Sector - Fixed-Line Historical Data And Forecasts, 2010-2017
- Table: Latvian Telecoms Sector - Internet Historical Data And Forecasts, 2010-2017
- Regional Perspective
- Heading: Latvia Mobile Market Regional Comparisons, 2011
- Key Developments
- Mobile Growth
- Market Shares
- Table: Latvia Mobile Subscribers, Q312 (000')
- Usage (MoU/ARPU)
- Mobile Content
- Mobile Operator Data
- Table: Latvia Mobile Market Overview, 2009-2012
- Table: LMT
- Table: Bite
- Table: Tele2
- Central And Eastern Europe Mobile Content
Industry Trends And Developments
- Table: Latvia - Regulatory Bodies And Their Responsibilities
- Legislation And Market Liberalisation
- Regulation Developments
- Key Players Table - Key Players: Latvia Telecommunications Market
- Table: Selected Operators Financial Indicators
- Latvijas Mobilais Telefons (LMT)
- Tele2 Latvia
- Baltcom TV
- Vendor Profile: Ericsson Nikola Tesla
- Table: Revenue By Business Segment (HRK '000)
- Table: Revenue By Geography (HRKmn)
- Key Contracts, 2011-2012
- Latvia's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Latvia's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Latvia's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Latvia's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- How We Generate Our Industry Forecasts
- Table: Key Indicators For Telecommunications Industry Forecasts
- Telecoms Business Environment Ratings
- Risk/Reward Ratings Methodology
- Table: Ratings Indicators
- Table: Weighting Of Indicators
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.