2013-02-02 16:00:22 - Fast Market Research recommends "Lithuania Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2013" from Business Monitor International, now available
BMI View: We continue to hold our subdued outlook for the Lithuanian pharmaceuticals market during the next few years, on account of the changing economic and demographic situation. We expect limited low single digit growth in 2012, with the market expected to increase by a local currency margin of 2.5% year-on-year (y-o-y) to reach LTL1.68bn (US$618mn) in 2012 at consumer prices. However, in US dollar terms, the market's value will shrink by 6.3%, indicating the challenges facing companies operating in the market.
Headline Expenditure Projections
* Pharmaceuticals: LTL1.64bn (US$659mn) in 2011 to LTL1.68bn (US$618mn) in 2012; +2.5% in local currency terms and -6.3% in US dollar terms. Forecast slightly up from Q412 on account of new macroeconomic data.
* Healthcare: LTL6.99bn
(US$2.81bn) in 2011 to LTL7.29bn (US$2.68bn) in 2012; +4.3% in local currency terms and -4.7% in US dollar terms. Forecast slightly up from Q412 on account of new macroeconomic data.
* Medical devices: LTL679mn (US$273mn) in 2011 to LTL749mn (US$276mn) in 2012; +10.3% in local currency terms and +0.8% in US dollar terms. Forecast slightly up from Q412 on account of new macroeconomic data.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/529417_lithuania_pharmaceuticals_healthcare_ ..
Risk/Reward Rating: In our Q113 Pharmaceuticals Risk/Reward Rating (RRR) matrix, Lithuania is 15th, out of the 20 markets surveyed in Emerging Europe, below its Baltic peers. Although Lithuania boasts a largely risk-free operating environment, its muted rewards prospects will continue to impact its standing in the regional matrix. Globally, Lithuania ranks 60th out of 95 markets surveyed.
Key Trends and Developments
* In October 2012, Seimas of the Homeland Union-Lithuanian Christian Democrats (TS-LKD) faction George Razma appealed the government to reconsider additional funding of LTL60.0mn (US$22.7mn) for healthcare institutions in the country. Lithuanian patients have to pay extra for medical services that should be available for free, Razma said. The additional funds are expected to partially solve the issue of lack of funding for treatment services. Razma asked the government to evaluate the proposal after considering the difficult situation of Lithuania's hospital system.
BMI Economic View: We have revised up our growth outlook for 2013 economic growth on account of improved financing conditions and signs of a tightening labour market. However, Lithuania's construction sector remains a long way off from a meaningful recovery, and coupled with a weak external climate, we maintain a tepid outlook for the economy over the coming years.
BMI Political View: Controversy surrounding an ongoing criminal investigation into key members of a majority newly-elected coalition party means that the incoming administration of Prime Ministerdesignate Algirdas Butkevicius will be under enormous pressure to acquire political credibility by honouring its anti-austerity mandate. Although we have long accounted for a looser fiscal policy in our view that Lithuania would continue to progress towards euro adoption, the risk of major coalition instability and a rift with the president's office threatens to force the government into a far more aggressive policy direction than under our current baseline scenario.
Partial Table of Contents:
- Lithuania Pharmaceuticals And Healthcare Industry SWOT
- Lithuania Political SWOT
- Lithuania Economic SWOT
- Lithuania Business Environment SWOT
Pharmaceuticals Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: Central And Eastern Europe Pharmaceuticals Risk/Reward Ratings, Q113
Lithuania - Market Summary
- Regional Harmonisation
- Pharmaceutical Advertising
- Intellectual Property Developments
- Pricing Regime
- Pricing Developments
- Table: Wholesale Mark-Ups For Reimbursed And Non-Reimbursed Medicines
- Table: Retail Mark-Ups For Reimbursed And Non-Reimbursed Medicines
- Reimbursement Regime
- Reimbursement Developments
- Table: Leading Causes of Death, 2002-2010
- Communicable Diseases
- Table: Selected Notifiable Infectious Diseases, 2004-2010
- Table: Incidence of HIV & AIDS, 2002-2010
- Healthcare System
- Healthcare Provision
- Table: Inpatient Institutions & Hospital Beds by Sector, 2000-2010
- Table: Outpatient Facilities by Type, 2003-2010
- Healthcare Funding
- Healthcare Insurance
- Clinical Trials
- Recent Biotechnology Sector Developments
- Medical Devices
Industry Forecast Scenario
- Pharmaceutical Market Forecast
- Table: Pharmaceutical Sales Indicators 2008-2016
- Healthcare Market Forecast
- Table: Healthcare Expenditure Indicators 2008-2016
- Table: Healthcare Governmental Indicators 2008-2016
- Table: Healthcare Private Indicators 2008-2016
- Key Growth Factors - Macroeconomic
- Table: Economic Activity
- Prescription Drug Market Forecast
- Table: Prescription Drug Sales Indicators 2008-2016
- Patented Drug Market Forecast
- Table: Patented Drug Market Indicators 2008-2016
- Generic Drug Market Forecast
- Table: Generic Drug Sales Indicators 2008-2016
- OTC Medicine Market Forecast
- Table: OTC Medicine Sales Indicators 2008-2016
- Pharmaceuticals Trade Forecast
- Table: Exports and Imports Indicators 2008-2016
- Medical Device Market Forecast
- Table: Medical Devices Sales Indicators 2008-2016
- Key Risks To BMI's Forecast Scenario
Full Table of Contents is available at:
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.