2013-09-17 09:05:49 - New Transportation market report from Business Monitor International: "Mexico Autos Report Q4 2013"
Light vehicle sales in Mexico increased by 9.3% y-o-y in 7M13, to 588,632 units. BMI forecasts passenger car sales to increase by 6.6% and LCV sales to increase by 8.0% in 2013. We believe that total private consumption in Mexico will increase in the latter part of the year, informing our broadly positive outlook, although we expect the light vehicle sales growth rate to moderate somewhat towards the end of 2013, as the marked increases seen in Q412 are unlikely to be replicated.
Heavy truck sales in Mexico declined by 2.3% y-o-y, to 7,843 units, over H113, the latest data available at the time of writing. This follows a 13.1% y-o-y decline in this segment in June, which we do not
expect to continue over the year. Indeed, we forecast a 2.0% increase in 2013, predicated on our moderately bullish outlook for Mexico's manufacturing and construction sectors.
Due to the small size of the market, small volume declines can have a relatively substantial effect on growth rates, and therefore cannot assumed to be signs of sustained weakness. We believe that some pent-up demand from several years of declining sales will help buoy the market over the year.
Full Report Details at
Light vehicle production in Mexico dipped by 1.4% y-o-y in July, to 234,757 units. Over the first seven months of the year, output increased by 4.1% y-o-y, to 1,722,919 units. This decline in production is due to a sharp drop-off in export volumes in July; we expect export volumes to decline somewhat over the remainder of the year, although not at the sharp rate seen in July.
BMI holds a bullish view on the Mexican autos market's fundamental dynamics, as identified below, and believe that these factors should continue to attract autos investment into the country. However, due to our weak export growth outlook, we forecast passenger car production to grow by 6%. We expect light commercial vehicle (LCV) production to register 4.7% growth over the year.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Business Environment
- Table: Mexico Autos Sales By Segment - Historical Data And Forecasts, 2010-2017
- Table: Mexico Autos Production By Segment - Historical Data And Forecasts, 2010-2017
- Table: Mexico Autos Trade - Historical Data And Forecasts, 2010-2017
- Table: Mexico Autos Sector - Historical Data And Forecasts, 2010-2017
- Passenger Vehicles
- Table: Mexico Passenger Car Segment - Historical Data And Forecasts, 2010-2017
- Key Players
- Table: Light Vehicle Sales By Brand
- Table: Light Vehicle Production By Brand
- New Investments
- Commercial Vehicles
- Table: Mexico Commercial Vehicle Segment - Historical Data And Forecasts, 2010-2017
- Segment News
- Table: Mexico Motorcycle Sector - Historical Data And Forecasts, 2010-2017
- Economic Analysis
- Table: MEXICO - GDP CONTRIBUTION TO GROWTH
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Latin America Risk Reward Ratings
- Table: Autos Risk Reward Ratings- Americas
- Company Monitor
- Table: Audi Sales By Region
- Nissan Motor
- Volkswagen (VW)
Global Industry Overview
- Table: Mexico's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: Mexico's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: Mexico's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: Mexico's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- Automobile Industry
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.