Fast Market Research recommends "Non-Life Insurance in Denmark, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017" from Timetric, now available
PR-Inside.com: 2014-03-27 13:36:25
The non-life segment is the second-largest in the Danish insurance industry, representing 21.5% of the industry's gross written premium in 2012. It was led by the property insurance category with a 53.0% share of the segment's gross written premium in 2012, followed by motor insurance with 32.7%. Mandatory fire insurance for houses supported the growth of property insurance in Denmark. Moreover, growth in automobile sales and recovery in the property market in Denmark supported the growth of the non-life segment during the review period, and is expected to continue to do so over the forecast period. Compulsory third-party motor liability insurance and comprehensive motor insurance also supported the growth of non-life insurance during the review period, and both motor and property insurance are expected to retain their shares over the forecast period.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/783583_nonlife_insurance_in_denmark_key_tren ..
* Non-life insurance was the second-largest segment in the Danish insurance industry in 2012, representing a 21.5% industry share
* The Danish non-life segment is large and concentrated, with the top 10 insurers accounting for around 85% of the segment's overall gross written premium in 2012
* Property insurance dominated the segment with a 53.0% share in 2012, followed by motor insurance with 32.7, general liability with 12.1% and marine aviation and transit insurance with 2.2%
* As of 2012, 85 companies were licensed to conduct non-life insurance business in the country, down from 113 in 2008
* A series of mergers and acquisitions during the review period significantly changed the competitive structure of the industry
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the non-life insurance segment in Denmark:
* It provides historical values for Denmark's non-life insurance segment for the report's 2008-2012 review period and forecast figures for the 2012-2017 forecast period.
* It offers a detailed analysis of the key categories in Denmark's non-life insurance segment, along with market forecasts until 2017.
* It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions.
* It analyses the various distribution channels for non-life insurance products in Denmark.
* Using Porter's industry-standard "Five Forces" analysis, it details the competitive landscape in Denmark for the non-life insurance segment.
* It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance segment in Denmark and its growth prospects.
* It profiles the top non-life insurance companies in Denmark and outlines the key regulations affecting them.
Reasons to Get this Report
* Make strategic business decisions using in depth historic and forecast market data related to the Danish non-life insurance segment and each category within it
* Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities within the Danish non-life insurance segment
* Assess the competitive dynamics in the non-life insurance segment, along with the reinsurance segment
* Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key product categories
* Gain insights into key regulations governing the Danish insurance industry and its impact on companies and the market's future
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Tryg Forsikring A/S, Codan Forsikring A/S, Topdanmark Forsikring A/S, Alm. Brand Forsikring A/S, LB Forsikring A/S, Danske Forsikring A/S, Forsikrings-Aktieselskabet Alka Liv II, Alpha Insurance A/S, GF-Forsikring A/S, Nykredit Forsikring A/S
Partial Table of Contents:
1 Executive Summary
2.1 What is this Report About?
3 Nordic Region Market Dynamics
3.1.1 Market trends
3.1.2 Market size
4 Non-Life Insurance Segment - Regional Benchmarking
4.2 Scale and penetration
4.2.1 Total gross written premium
4.2.2 Premium per capita
4.2.3 Non-life insurance penetration (% of GDP)
4.3.1 Gross written premium
4.3.2 Gross written premium per capita
4.4 Efficiency and risk
4.4.1 Loss ratio
4.4.2 Combined ratio
4.4.3 Incurred losses per capita
4.4.4 Incurred losses as a percentage of GDP
4.5 Distribution channels
4.5.1 Direct marketing
4.5.5 Online channels
5 Danish Insurance Industry Attractiveness
5.1 Insurance Industry Size, 2008-2017
5.2 Key Industry Trends and Drivers
6 Non-Life Insurance Outlook
6.1 Non-Life Insurance Growth Prospects by Category
6.1.1 Property insurance
6.1.2 Fire and allied perils insurance
6.1.3 Engineering insurance
6.1.4 Agriculture insurance
6.1.5 Other property insurance
6.2 Motor Insurance
6.2.1 Motor hull insurance
6.2.2 Motor third-party insurance
6.3 General Third-Party Insurance
6.4 Marine, Aviation and Transit Insurance
6.4.1 Marine insurance
6.4.2 Aviation insurance
6.4.3 Transit insurance
7 Analysis by Distribution Channels
7.1 Direct Marketing
7.6 Other Channels
8 Porter's Five Forces Analysis - Danish Non-Life Insurance Market
8.1 Bargaining Power of Supplier: Medium
8.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers: Low to Medium
8.3 Barriers to Entry: Medium
8.4 Intensity of Rivalry: High
8.5 Threat of Substitutes: Low
9 Reinsurance Growth Dynamics and Challenges
9.1 Reinsurance Segment Size, 2008-2017
9.2 Reinsurance Segment Size by Type of Insurance, 2008-2017
10 Governance, Risk and Compliance
10.1 Legislation Overview and Historical Evolution
10.2 Legislation and Market Practice by Type of Insurance
10.2.1 Life insurance
10.2.2 Property insurance
10.2.3 Motor insurance
10.2.4 Marine, aviation and transit insurance
10.2.5 Personal accident and health insurance
Full Table of Contents is available at:
Timetric is an independent economic and business research firm providing critical intelligence on emerging economies and key global industries. They provide detailed economic and sector intelligence, business insights and authoritative, independent commentary. View more research from Timetric at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1037
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.