2013-02-27 03:00:38 - New Transportation market report from Business Monitor International: "Argentina Freight Transport Report Q2 2013"
BMI maintains its cautiously optimistic view on the Argentine freight transport sector. The country enjoys a good commodities mix, but it continues to struggle with external headwinds as well as internal difficulties in the form of rising inflation and labour unrest. We forecast Argentine real GDP growth will slow to 0.9% in 2013 on the back of a poor business environment, weakening domestic demand, and high inflation - the result of a large currency devaluation. We see the potential for a more sound policy course and base effects to result in growth trending upward from 2014-2017.
Headline Industry Data
* Total volume at the Port of Buenos Aires is set to increase by 5.4% in 2013 to reach 11.9mn tonnes. Box
handling at the same port will contract by 4.8% to 1.1mn twenty-foot equivalent units (TEUs).
* Air freight volume growth is set to grow by 0.75% to 170,600 tonnes in 2013, with average annual growth 0.8% during our forecast period.
* Rail freight hauled in 2013 will grow by a modest 1.0% to 22.6mn tonnes, with average annual growth of 2.5% during our forecast period.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/541136_argentina_freight_transport_report_q2 ..
Key Industry Trends
Aerolineas Orders New Widebody Aircraft
Aerolineas, as part of a second phase in its widebody fleet renewal plan, is to acquire seven A330-200s with increased maximum take-off weights for delivery in 2015 and 2016. These aircraft are intended to replace some of the carrier's seven A340-300s. The increased maximum take-off weight option on the A330-200 was only launched in July 2012, for deliveries starting in 2015.
Strike Offers Downside Risk To Forecasts
BMI believes that downside risk is presented to our freight transport forecasts for Argentina as a general strike has been implemented. Although the action is only scheduled to last for 24 hours the disruption to shipments could be severe. Further, the strike is not the first to take place in Argentina in recent years, and could impact upon future growth at the country's ports should shipping companies become wary with regards to the market.
Cargotec Signs Buenos Aires Deal
Cargotec reported orders for four new Kalmar reach stackers from two operators in the Port of Buenos Aires. Two new Kalmar DRF420-60S5 reach stackers have been purchased by Ferroviaria Argentina SA (TEFASA). Two DRF450-65S5 models have been sold to an undisclosed port operator,
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Freight Transport
- Business Environment
- Rail Freight
- Table: Rail Freight, 2010-2017
- Air Freight
- Table: Air Freight, 2010-2017
- Maritime Freight
- Table: Maritime Freight, 2010-2017
- Table: Trade Overview, 2010-2017
- Table: Key Trade Indicators, 2010 - 2017
- Table: Argentina's Main Import Partners (US$mn)
- Table: Argentina's Main Export Partners (US$mn)
Industry Trends And Developments
- America Latina Logistica
- Aerolineas Argentinas
- Political Outlook
- Domestic Politics
- Table: Argentina Political Overview System of Government
- Long-Term Political Outlook
Global Industry Overview
- Global Oil Products Price Outlook
- Table: BMI's Oil Price Forecasts, Average Price (US$/bbl)
- Table: BMI's Refined Products Forecasts
- Refiners: Is The Party Over?
- Jet Fuel: Middle East & Africa Remain Positive As Global Air Traffic Slumps
- Table: Total Air Freight & Passenger Volumes
- Gasoline And Diesel: Demand Destruction Takes A Toll
- Naphtha: Asia Stays Afloat While Europe Sinks
- Bunker Fuels: Trans-Pacific Route Rebound Amid High Prices
- Table: Argentina - Economic Activity
- Table: Argentina's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: Argentina's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: Argentina's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: Argentina's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- How We Generate Our Industry Forecasts
- Transport Industry
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.