2013-03-15 11:43:58 - New Government market report from Kable Market Intelligence: "Education ICT Spending in the UK to 2016/17 - Hardware Market"
This report is based on Kable's detailed, bottom-up research and analysis of the UK public sector's spend on ICT and our five-year forecasts at a product and sector level.
This report contains a product-by-product market size and forecast for spend on hardware, including desktop PCs, portable PCs, servers, consumables, storage and network equipment within UK education.
The scope of hardware markets covered is as follows:
* All desktop computers (including Apple Macs), including dumber devices and workstations used in "thin client" implementations.
* We exclude all software licensing costs from this category and also (wherever possible) the costs of standard accessories such as monitors, keyboards and mice.
This category includes laptop and netbook computers. Smartphone devices are covered in the wireless/mobile category. We do not believe that convergence is yet at the point where devices cannot be separated into telephones and computers. Again, software licensing costs are excluded.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/545356_education_ict_spending_in_the_uk_to_2 ..
* This category includes servers, mainframes, and "mini" servers. Where possible, racking costs are not included.
* Ink, toner cartridges.
* NB paper is not included here or elsewhere in the Kable taxonomy.
Network equipment (for local connectivity)
* LAN networking equipment including wireless and wireline routers, and local physical infrastructure including cabling, docking stations, racks. Converged IP networking infrastructure used for both voice and data is included in the category; dedicated VoIP infrastructure and all handset / IP PBX equipment is excluded.
* This category is for network attached storage and external storage devices, including USB sticks.
Peripherals and other hardware
* This category covers input and output devices including printers, network-attached photocopiers and multi-functional devices, monitors, keyboards, mice, specialized display (eg whiteboards), web cameras, speakers. The category excludes audio/video conferencing and endpoint equipment, which is covered in the communications category.
We've assessed the impact of austerity and the coalition government's diminished appetite for reform, and mapped out the implications of structural and political change. We've assessed the impact of a weak recovery and a double-dip recession to reforecast ICT spend to 2017. A team of eleven analysts have calculated the ICT spend for every organization in this report's scope and aggregated this to provide an invaluable guide to the market.
CAGR for hardware market in education sector is -0.60%
Report Table of Contents:
1.1 What is this Report About?
2 United Kingdom Education ICT Market Overview
2.1 Overall Education ICT Market Spend Value
2.2 Education ICT Spend on Hardware Market by Category
2.2.1 Desktop computers
2.2.2 Portable computers
2.2.4 IT consumables
2.2.5 Network equipment
3.1 About Kable
List of Tables
Table 1: United Kingdom Education ICT Market Value (GBP mn) on Hardware
Table 2: United Kingdom Desktop computers ICT Spending, 2011/12-2016/17
Table 3: United Kingdom Portable computers ICT Spending, 2011/12-2016/17
Table 4: United Kingdom Servers ICT Spending, 2011/12-2016/17
Table 5: United Kingdom IT consumables ICT Spending, 2011/12-2016/17
Table 6: United Kingdom Network equipment ICT Spending, 2011/12-2016/17
Table 7: United Kingdom Storage ICT Spending, 2011/12-2016/17
Table 8: United Kingdom Peripherals ICT Spending, 2011/12-2016/17
List of Figures
Figure 1: United Kingdom Education ICT Market Value (GBP mn) on Hardware
Figure 2: United Kingdom Desktop computers ICT Spending, 2011/12-2016/17
Figure 3: United Kingdom Portable computers ICT Spending, 2011/12-2016/17
Figure 4: United Kingdom Servers ICT Spending, 2011/12-2016/17
Figure 5: United Kingdom IT consumables ICT Spending, 2011/12-2016/17
Figure 6: United Kingdom Network equipment ICT Spending, 2011/12-2016/17
Figure 7: United Kingdom Storage ICT Spending, 2011/12-2016/17
Figure 8: United Kingdom Peripherals ICT Spending, 2011/12-2016/17
About Kable Market Intelligence
Since 1990, Kable has been providing the UK and the world's largest suppliers with unique insight into public sector opportunities and markets. Their network of contacts allows Kable unparalleled insight into policy as it formulates while their modelling systems mean Kable processes and aggregates procurement data faster and more accurately than anyone. View more research from Kable Market Intelligence at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1041
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.