2013-12-14 11:00:42 - New Defense research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
BMI's Q114 Israel Defence & Security report examines recent defence and procurement developments. A number of recent events have occurred which will affect these.
The election in Iran of President Hassan Rouhani, and a corresponding significant easing of tensions with the United States, mean that the likelihood of the US supporting any strike against the Islamic Republic's covert nuclear weapons programme is looking less likely. Rouhani has moved quickly to strike a conciliatory tone with Israel and with other Jews around the world by disavowing anti-Semitic comments made by his predecessor.
Talks between Israel and the Palestinians commenced on 29th July 2013 and have proceeded in fits and starts, making little progress. As of 25th September 2013, both Israel and the Palestinians
agreed to intensify their negotiations under US auspices. In late October 2013, Israel freed a batch of 26 Palestinian prisoners in a bid to restart the negotiations which the Palestinian delegation withdrew from on 14th November 2013.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/752034_israel_defence_security_report_q1_201 ..
In September 2013, it was reported that the Israeli government was preparing to commence the privatisation of defence firm IMI. This will see up to one third of its workforce (around 950 employees) retire and several of its sites in Israel being sold.
In terms of defence procurement, exports and imports, in October 2013 Elbit Systems was selected to provide helmets to equip the Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning-II Joint Strike Fighter. Meanwhile, Israel Aircraft Industries has been awarded a contract to supply three fast patrol boats to the Israeli Navy.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Israel Defence SWOT
- Israel Security SWOT
- Business Environment
- Defence Expenditure
- Table: Israel Defence Expenditure (2010-2017)
- Table: Defence Expenditure Scenario - Changing % Of GDP, 2010-2017 (US$mn)
- Armed Forces
- Table: Israel Armed Forces ('000 personnel, unless otherwise stated)
- Table: Israel Manpower Available For Military Service, 2010-2017 (aged 16-49 unless otherwise stated)
- Defence Trade
- Table: Israel Defence Exports (US$mn)
- Economic Analysis
- Table: Israel - Economic Activity
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- MENA Security Risk Ratings
- Table: Middle East And Africa Regional Security Ratings
- Table: Middle East And Africa State Vulnerability To Terrorism Index
- Israel Security Risk Ratings
- Israel Defence Market Overview
- Armed Forces
- Industry Trends and Developments
- Weapons of Mass Destruction
- Domestic Defence Industries
- Israel Security Overview
- Domestic Threats
- Regional Threats
- International Threats
- Elbit Systems
- Elisra Group
- General Dynamics
- Israel Military Industries
- Rafael Advanced Defense Systems Ltd
- Middle East and Africa Security Overview
Global Industry Overview
- Global Political Outlook
- Industry Forecast Methodology
- Sector-Specific Methodology
- Risk/Reward Rating Methodology
- Sector-Specific Methodology
- Table: Security Risk/Reward Ratings Indicators
- Table: Weighting Of Indicators
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.