2013-01-16 16:04:39 - New Financial Services research report from Datamonitor is now available from Fast Market Research
The global P2P market is currently undergoing a phase of rapid and unprecedented development driven by both changes in global consumer dynamics and the impacts of emerging, and potentially trans-formative technologies. As the market continues to grow, payment providers are now faced with the opportunity to replace more traditional forms such as cash and cheques, but will face new challenges.
* Plan your strategy effectively by learning from real world examples of what competitors are doing in the P2P space.
* Aid your new product development by seeing what lessons can be learned from the global P2P experience.
* Build a better business model by understanding the implications of growing levels of competition in the P2P space.
Electronic methods for
conducting P2P transactions are having a major impact on the P2P market and this applies to all markets. In some regions the impact can be truly transformative such as M-Pesa in Kenya. American Expresses Serve platform by contrast shows how even established markets are now faced with new potential in the P2P space.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/531058_p2p_payments_three_key_lessons_for_pr ..
Despite the potential of electronic means of P2P, cash will remain king for the foreseeable future for the vast majority of day-to-day P2P transactions. Sevices such as Moneygram which can combine cash elements to newer technologies will maintain an advantage.
P2P services will increasingly be forced to choose between being a revenue generating platform or a value added service to clients. The growth in P2P services available to consumers risks becoming a hygeine factor for financial providers, impacting on the revenue potential of P2P within the domestic sphere.
Reasons to Get this Report
* Is the potential for P2P the same in all markets?
* What products and services are my competitors launching in the P2P space?
* How can I profit from P2P? Are their less direct ways it can help my business?
Report Table of Contents:
P2P PAYMENTS: THREE KEY LESSONS FOR PROFITING FROM P2P
* Electronic P2P mechanisms are evolving rapidly and will reshape the market in the coming years ahead
* M-Pesa shows the dramatic impact mobile P2P can have
* American Express's Serve highlights the potential of digital P2P services to expand the domestic market
* Cash will remain critical to P2P despite new technologies
* MoneyGram maintains an advantage from its focus on cash to cash transactions
* P2P providers must balance generating revenue and providing a value-added service
* P2P payments can be one pillar in a wider digital strategy
* P2P faces challenges in balancing fees with consumer interest
* Pingit offers Barclays a way of reducing costs and avoiding disintermediation
* Pingit benefits from its brand, but its long term economic viability remains questionable
* Credit card
* Debit card
* European Payments Council
* Merchant service charge
* Mobile network operator
* Mobile payments
* Person to person payments
* Point of sale terminal
* Prepaid card/stored value card
* Trusted service manager
* Further reading
* Ask the analyst
* Figure: MoneyGram has launched mobile - based services aimed at remittances to the Philippines
* Figure: Skrill gains revenues from a range of services, not just P2P
The Datamonitor Group is a world-leading provider of premium global business information, delivering independent data, analysis and opinion across the Automotive, Consumer Markets, Energy & Utilities, Financial Services, Logistics & Express, Pharmaceutical & Healthcare, Retail, Technology and Telecoms industries. Datamonitor's market intelligence products and services ensure that you will achieve your desired commercial goals by giving you the insight you need to best respond to your competitive environment. View more research from Datamonitor at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1002
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.