2013-01-15 13:07:53 - Recently published research from Datamonitor, "Payment Card Competitor Tracker: October 2012", is now available at Fast Market Research
The Payment Card Competitor Tracker provides expert analysis and opinion on the strategic moves of leading competitors in the payment card market. Produced on a monthly basis, the Tracker is a global product and covers over 150 players, including American Express, Barclaycard, Capital One, Citigroup, Discover, GE Money, First Data, HSBC, JCB, MasterCard, Standard Chartered and Visa.
* Gain invaluable information on your key competitors in one concise document, and track long-term trends using the interactive news database.
* Sharpen your strategy by implementing the best market, product, competitor and strategic developments of leading global players.
* Learn the Datamonitor Cards & Payments Team's view on the most important competitor developments in the month.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/531072_payment_card_competitor_tracker_octob ..
O2 announces a new mobile POS service with Visa Europe and Global Payments that allows retailers to accept credit and debit card payments via mobile technology.
Isis launches its Isis Mobile Wallet in Austin and Salt Lake City. Customers can visit their AT&T, T-Mobile, or Verizon retail location and select from the nine Isis Ready handsets, with an expected 11 additional handsets coming to the market by year-end.
American Express and Walmart launch Bluebird, an alternative to debit and checking accounts. According to American Express, Bluebird has been developed consumers who are looking for advanced capabilities such as deposits by smartphone and mobile bill pay, fee transparency, and no minimum balance.
Reasons to Get this Report
* What have been the key new product developments in the industry this month, particularly in contactless, mobile, online and prepaid?
* Which players are leading the way with these new developments, and where are they occurring?
* How have trends in competitor activity changed over time, and which regions are becoming more active?
* What are the top developments in the past month and what do they mean for my business?
Partial Table of Contents:
* The Payment Card Competitor Tracker provides insight into the latest developments worldwide
* Improvements made to the 2012 Payment Card Competitor Tracker series
* Each month, Datamonitor tracks the most relevant announcements from over 150 competitors
* Datamonitor's Cards and Payments team provides analysis of the key developments at one-month and 12-month intervals
* A fully searchable database of developments from January 2007 onwards is also delivered alongside the report
DEVELOPMENTS IN OCTOBER
* Key developments in October
* Isis finally launches but will struggle to gain critical mass anytime soon
* Mobile POS units are becoming more prevalent globally
* Walmart is now a serious competitor to US banks and issuers
* The launch of Centurion may be the first step to market maturity in China
PRODUCTS, SERVICES, AND INNOVATION
* American Express
* US: American Express and Walmart partner to launch a new debit and checking account, Bluebird
* ANZ Bank
* Australia: ANZ Bank launches a range of banking initiatives
* Banco Posta
* Italy: Poste Italiane's Poste Mobile and Banco Posta services set to use NFC phones
* Bank of America
* Canada: Bank of America Merrill Lynch launches online PIN check
* Bank of Montreal (BMO)
* Canada: BMO to expand its Quebec ATM network
* Banque Populaire
* Russia: Banque Populaire launches new electronic payment cards
* Blackhawk Network
* US: Blackhawk Network set to offer gift cards through mFoundry's mobile banking platform
* China UnionPay
* Mongolia: China UnionPay and the Trade and Development Bank of Mongolia jointly issue multi-currency debit cards in Ulan Bator
* Czech Republic: Citibank Europe and Liberec region unveil new co-branded Citi Opus card
* Malaysia: Citibank and AirAsia introduce the AirAsia-Citibank Visa Platinum and Gold credit cards
* Taiwan: Citibank Taiwan unveils the Citi Privilege Signature card
* China: Citibank China launches commercial cards program in China
* Hungary: Citibank Hungary to offer contactless PayPass stickers
* Thailand: Citi and Thai Airways introduce Citibank Royal Orchid Plus Preferred card
* Global: Clear2Pay unveils ViVa bank wallet
* Europe: Clear2Pay and TestPlant release an automated mobile payment app test service
* Contis Group
* Europe: Contis Group launches a multi-currency prepaid card
* US: Discover gives card holders 5% cashback on department store and online purchases
* UK: Elavon announces the Irish launch of its chip and PIN MobileMerchant smartphone card processing platform
* Singapore: EZ-Link launches American Express prepaid card
* Fidelity Information Services (FIS)
* US: FIS launches PayNet
* First Data
Full Table of Contents is available at:
The Datamonitor Group is a world-leading provider of premium global business information, delivering independent data, analysis and opinion across the Automotive, Consumer Markets, Energy & Utilities, Financial Services, Logistics & Express, Pharmaceutical & Healthcare, Retail, Technology and Telecoms industries. Datamonitor's market intelligence products and services ensure that you will achieve your desired commercial goals by giving you the insight you need to best respond to your competitive environment. View more research from Datamonitor at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1002
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.