2013-01-18 16:44:20 - Fast Market Research recommends "UK Life and Pensions Competitor Tracker Q3 2012" from Datamonitor, now available
Datamonitor's Life and Pensions Competitor Tracker for Q3 2012 highlights the key developments across the main lines of life and pensions business in the UK. The main trends in each product area from the last two quarters are identified in the first chapter, while the following sections explore individual developments in more detail.
* Access a comprehensive coverage of product innovation activity from 61 UK life and pensions companies.
* Analyze the extent of innovations UK life and pensions competitors are undertaking in preparation for auto-enrolment regulation.
* Follow the most significant mergers and acquisitions, as well as partnerships and organic growth in the life and pensions market.
* Examine the ways in which life and pensions providers are supporting
financial advisors adapt to the changes being brought about by RDR reforms.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/531043_uk_life_and_pensions_competitor_track ..
As auto-enrolment draws nearer providers are increasingly outlining how the online facilities that they have developed will help employers ensure that they continue to comply with all applicable regulations going forward.
Reasons to Get this Report
* Which pension providers are innovating their product offerings in readiness for auto-enrolment in 2012?
* What are the high profile mergers and acquisitions in the life and pensions market in the first half of 2012?
* What are the key innovations in the annuity market?
* How are providers helping independent financial advisors cope with the transition to fee-based advice?
Partial Table of Contents:
LATEST FINANCIAL RESULTS
* As expected with the implementation of auto-enrolment drawing nearer, providers are seeing increased new business opportunities
* Ageas Protect now has 225,000 customers, a significant increase on H1 2011
* Operating profits at Aviva's UK life business rose by 2% in H1 2012
* Sales of over-50s life cover increased by 60% at Engage Mutual
* LV= has seen strong demand for its annuities
* The priority of Lloyds Banking Group remains to refocus and simplify its operations
* Prudential's sales of individual annuities increased by 22% in the first half of 2012
* In general, new business has fallen across the Royal London Group
* Standard Life now has 147,000 SIPP customers
* GWP at Zurich's UK division reached GBP552m, growth of 9.4%
STRATEGY CHANGES AND LATEST DEVELOPMENTS
* Aegon's new platform aims to encourage employers to consider their auto-enrolment strategies
* Aegon's corporate platform will cover 50% of employer contributions for the first three months
* Aegon is to outsource the administration of its protection business
* Aegon cuts individual life and income protection rates
* Acquisition boosts Ageas's non-life insurance market share
* Ageas acquires Groupama Insurance Company in a GBP116m deal
* Ageas makes a promise to support protection customers
* Just Retirement has highlighted the growth potential of fixed-term annuities
* Just Retirement feels that fixed-term annuities are becoming an established retirement income option
* Aviva is calling for the automatic transfer of auto-enrolled pensions when employees switch jobs
* Aviva supports a "pot follows member" approach to pensions reform
* Aviva's online auto-enrolment system will provide employers with cost-analysis tools
* Aviva has developed a mid-market pension proposition
* According to Aviva employers feel unable to help their staff back to work after long-term illness
* Aviva has enhanced the cover offered on new critical illness policies
* Aviva is to close four products to new business
* Aviva is to expand its equity release pilot scheme after a successful trial
* Aviva is looking to develop a guaranteed pension product
* Aviva has designed a video for advisors to promote the importance of family protection
* AXA has designed a non-advised investment service for clients who are unwilling or unable to pay for advice post-RDR
* AXA's new service is designed to help advisors retain low-value clients
* AXA has launched an online center to assist advisors in adapting to the RDR
* Canada Life will continue to pay commission on its Flexible Life Plan post-RDR by converting this into a protection offering
* The Flexible Life Plan will now be a protection product
* Canada Life will provide various advisor charging options post-RDR
* Canada Life expects auto-enrolment to create opportunities in the group risk market
* Engage Mutual is to offer an employee-paid option on its one fund health cash plan
* Engage Mutual's intention is to provide an affordable product for both employers and individuals
* L&G has set up a dedicated unit to support application processing ahead of the EU Gender Directive
* L&G's new "Response Team" will enable it to maximize the provision of gender-specific premiums
* L&G announces its partnership with Principality Building Society
* L&G is preparing to launch a restricted advice solution
* L&G has found that passive investments are increasing in popularity among IFAs
* L&G plans to launch an index fund to capitalize on any investment shifts into passive funds
* L&G's new growth deposit bond offers a minimum return of 7.5%
* L&G offers a 65% growth bonus on its new investment plan
* L&G improves the extent of its critical illness cover
* L&G unveils Physioworld as its latest specialist partner
* LV= announces a five-year partnership agreement with the RAC
Full Table of Contents is available at:
The Datamonitor Group is a world-leading provider of premium global business information, delivering independent data, analysis and opinion across the Automotive, Consumer Markets, Energy & Utilities, Financial Services, Logistics & Express, Pharmaceutical & Healthcare, Retail, Technology and Telecoms industries. Datamonitor's market intelligence products and services ensure that you will achieve your desired commercial goals by giving you the insight you need to best respond to your competitive environment. View more research from Datamonitor at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1002
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.