2014-01-26 17:13:37 - Recently published research from GlobalData, "OpportunityAnalyzer: Bladder Cancer - Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2017", is now available at Fast Market Research
Bladder cancer is a urologic malignancy arising from the epithelial lining of the urinary bladder. Although it is the ninth most common cancer worldwide in men and women, with the highest recurrence rate of any malignancy, relatively little is known about its etiology. There has been little development over the past 20 years in bladder cancer, with a huge void of unmet met needs which are yet to be filled.
The disease can be spilt into three main categories; NMIBC (non-muscle invasive bladder cancer), muscle invasive disease and metastatic disease. The standards of care within all of these settings are generics; BCG immunotherapy/ mitomycin c (NMIBC) and the off label use of GemCis (muscle invasive disease and metastatic disease).
Full Report Details
- www.fastmr.com/prod/764032_opportunityanalyzer_bladder_cancer_op ..
Progression and recurrence rates are relative to clinical stage, but are generally high, especially for patients with the aggressive carcinoma in situ (CIS) classification. This is one patient subgroup which has particularly high unmet needs.
There are clear unmet needs for higher efficacious drugs that can reduce progression and recurrence rates as well as cure the disease, surprisingly big pharma seems to have taken a back seat in development, instead collaborating with independent researchers to head trials with their already marketed drugs. Most of the current pipeline is being investigated by small-medium sized biotech's.
Key Questions Answered
* Which bladder cancer patient segments have the greatest unmet needs?
* What are the R&D strategies companies are pursuing in the bladder cancer space?
* Why has there been a void of interest from big pharma in this highly underserved market?
* What are the most promising pipeline agents for bladder cancer? How do their clinical and commercial attributes compare to one another?
* What opportunities will remain for future players following the launch of these pipeline agents?
* What is the potential for predictive biomarkers and targeted therapies in the bladder cancer setting?
* GlobalData forecasts the bladder cancer market in the 6MM to grow modestly from $239.3m in 2012 to $297.5m in 2017, at a CAGR of 4%. The main driver of growth in the global bladder cancer market will be the increase in number of incident cases across the study period in the 6MM and the entrance of EOquin into the market towards the end of the forecast period.
* Although the level of unmet need in the bladder cancer market is high, KOLs are generally not impressed by any of the pipeline products and they do not expect any of them to drastically change the treatment landscape. The unmet needs will hence remain after the forecast period in turn rendering the bladder cancer market as highly lucrative and commercially viable for developers.
* GlobalData believes that with the unmet needs being so high, regulatory authorities may offer a more flexible approach to what is required to satisfy approval requirements. GlobalData believes small biotech's are taking a risk-reward gamble tilted towards high risks for high rewards in the bladder cancer market. However, GlobalData also expects big pharma to gradually start taking a more proactive role in bladder cancer drug development because very few cancer settings provide the relatively low regulatory hurdles that bladder cancer does, in turn making it an alluring prospect for drug development.
* GlobalData expects future efforts to focus on predictive biomarkers which will pave the way for desperately needed targeted therapies in this space.
* Overview of bladder cancer, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and disease management.
* Topline bladder cancer therapeutics market revenue from 2012-2017. Annual cost of therapy, and major marketed and pipeline drug sales in this forecast period are included.
* Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, R&D strategies, and clinical trial design for the bladder cancer therapeutics market.
* Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, synopses of innovative early-stage projects, and detailed analysis of late-stage pipeline drugs. An interactive clinical and commercial analyzer tool is available.
* Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global bladder cancer market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to Get this Report
* Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
* Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global bladder cancer market.
* Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global bladder cancer therapeutics market in the future.
* Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analysing the performance of various competitors.
* Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
* Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
GlobalData is a leading provider of global business intelligence including market, competitor, product and customer information. It provides in-depth research, analysis, data and forecasts through a range of interactive online databases, reports and management briefings. GlobalData has a large team of experienced research and analysis, consulting, and marketing experts. It has a global presence, including key offices in the US, Europe and Asia. The group has over 50 years of experience of delivering market intelligence data and analysis and a highly experienced senior management team. View more research from GlobalData at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1015
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.