2013-08-27 12:37:50 - Fast Market Research recommends "Personal Accident and Health Insurance in South Africa, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017" from Timetric, now available
South Africa's healthcare industry is expected to undergo a radical change in structure following the launch of National Healthcare Insurance (NHI), a universal healthcare scheme. The NHI is expected to have a significant impact on the South African personal accident and health segment, both directly and indirectly. Although personal accident and health insurance is the smallest segment in the overall South African insurance industry in terms of total written premium, NHI could considerably enlarge the segment. Other new South African insurance products, such as those which provide cover for HIV-infected people, as well as medical savings initiatives, will ensure steady growth for the segment over the forecast period.
* The personal accident and health insurance segment grew at a
CAGR of 10.7% during the review period (2008-2012)
* This robust growth was supported by the country's increasing per capita income levels, GDP growth, favorable insurance reforms, and financial and healthcare service expansions
* The main growth driver for personal accident and health insurance during the review period was the launch of HIV/AIDS insurance by both health and life insurers, which was purchased by a large number of the country's formerly uninsured population
* Insurers in South Africa pioneered the offering of anti-retroviral therapy for HIV-infected patients
* In addition, the rapid infrastructure construction for the FIFA World Cup provided an abnormally large growth in personal accident and health insurance premiums in 2010
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/671420_personal_accident_and_health_insuranc ..
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the personal accident and health insurance segment in South Africa:
* It provides historical values for South Africa's personal accident and health insurance segment for the report's 2008-2012 review period and forecast figures for the 2012-2017 forecast period
* It offers a detailed analysis of the key sub-segments in South Africa's personal accident and health insurance segment, along with market forecasts until 2017
* It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions
* It analyses the various distribution channels for personal accident and health insurance products in South Africa
* Using Porter's industry-standard "Five Forces" analysis, it details the competitive landscape in South Africa for the personal accident and health insurance segment
* It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance segment in South Africa and its growth prospects
* It profiles the top personal accident and health insurance companies in South Africa and outlines the key regulations affecting them
Reasons to Get this Report
* Make strategic business decisions using historic and forecast market data related to the South African personal accident and health insurance segment and each category within it
* Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities within the South African personal accident and health insurance segment
* Assess the competitive dynamics in the personal accident and health insurance segment, along with the reinsurance segment
* Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key product categories
* Gain insights into key regulations governing the South African insurance segment and its impact on companies and the market's future
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Discovery Life Ltd, Liberty Group Ltd, Liberty Active Ltd, MMI Group Ltd, Hollard Insurance Company Ltd, Rand Mutual Assurance Company Ltd, Guardrisk Holdings Ltd, Sanlam Life Insurance Ltd, Old Mutual Life Assurance Company (South Africa) Ltd, Chartis Life South Africa Ltd
Timetric is an independent economic and business research firm providing critical intelligence on emerging economies and key global industries. They provide detailed economic and sector intelligence, business insights and authoritative, independent commentary. View more research from Timetric at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1037
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.