2013-02-03 16:33:44 - New Energy market report from Business Monitor International: "Russia Petrochemicals Report Q1 2013"
Our Russia petrochemicals report examines the short-term trends in the Russian market and discusses how domestic producers are responding to changing demand dynamics. This report also considers the way in which Russian petrochemicals producers are diversifying and building capacity to compete in a global market, while at the same time supplying a growing industrial base, particularly in the domestic automotive and construction sectors. Segments of the Russian market will remain import-dependent over the medium-term, although the country will continue to produce an exportable surplus of fertiliser. The government's drive to address market deficits with the establishment of world-scale, integrated production hubs should lead to greater self-sufficiency. Nevertheless, energy feedstock price liberalisation, particularly in the gas sector, could undermine price competitiveness
of Russian petrochemicals production.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/529480_russia_petrochemicals_report_q1_2013. ..
A structural change in the economy towards domestic demand-led growth should benefit the petrochemicals industry, which is expected to see polymers capacity exceed 10mn tonnes per annum (tpa) by 2017, a three-fold increase over 2008. Domestically driven growth should ensure that expansion does not lead to an imbalance between supply and demand, although in some segments there is the prospect of exports.
* A number of projects are set for completion in 2013 that should help Russia achieve its mediumterm goals. Many of these are in the plastics and rubbers sector, including 60,000tpa of acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene (ABS), 500,000tpa PP and 330,000tpa PVC.
* Over the next five years, polyethylene (PE) will lead polymer capacity growth, accounting for a total of 62% of the increase with roughly equal contributions from different segments. Polypropylene (PP) with contribute a further 22%, polyvinyl chloride (PVC) 11%, polyethylene terephthalate (PET) 4% and polystyrene (PS) 1%. BMI believes the growth mix is highly suited to the nature of the Russian petrochemicals market over the medium-term, which should boost consumption of consumer plastics.
* In 2017, we expect ethylene capacity to total 7.7mn tpa. However, some segments will see little or no movement, notably styrenics and some intermediates such as EO/EG and ethylbenzene. There is plenty of potential naphtha and ethane feedstock availability due to the expansion of refineries and the opportunities presented by a growing gas sector.
* With a petrochemicals rating of 65.1 points, Russia's commanding position in our petrochemicals risk/reward ratings (RRRs) for Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) has been recovering as its risks decline and capacity increases. Its score has increased 1.4 points in the past quarter as a result of ongoing expansion of petrochemicals capacities, which could double over the next five years.
Report Table of Contents:
- Russia Chemicals And Petrochemicals Industry SWOT
- Russia Political SWOT Analysis
- Russia Economic SWOT Analysis
- Russia Business Environment SWOT Analysis
Global Petrochemicals Overview
Global Oil Products Price Outlook
- Table: MI's Refined Products Forecasts, 2010-2016
- Table: Middle East Outperforms In Terms of Passenger Growth
European Petrochemicals Overview
Russia Market Overview
- Petrochemicals Trade
- Market Structure
- Table: Russia's Cracker Capacity Data - Historical Data & Forecasts, 2009-2016, ('000 tpa)
- Foreign Investment
Petrochemicals Risk/ Reward Ratings
- Central and Eastern European Regional Power Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: Central and Eastern European Petrochemicals Risk/Reward Ratings (Scores Out Of 100)
- Russia Petrochemicals Risk/Reward Ratings
Industry Trends and Developments
- Olefins and Aromatics
- Polymers and intermediates
Industry Forecast Scenario
- Table: Russia's Petrochemicals Sector, 2010-2017
- Table: Russia - Economic Activity
- Nizhnekamskneftekhim (NKNK)
- Sibur Holding
Glossary Of Terms
- Table: Glossary Of Petrochemicals Terms
- Table: Russia's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: Russia's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: Russia's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: Russia's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- How We Generate Our Industry Forecasts
- Chemicals And Petrochemicals Industry
- Cross Checks
- Business Environment Ratings
- Table: Petrochemicals Business Environment Indicators And Rationale
- Table: Weighting Of Indicators
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.