2013-12-08 17:59:24 - Fast Market Research recommends "Turkey Defence & Security Report Q1 2014" from Business Monitor International, now available
BMI's Defence & Security report for Q114 examines Turkey's armed forces; its internal and external security challenges; defence industry and defence procurement activity. BMI believes that Turkey will continue to suffer security challenges for some time in the form of the continued Kurdish nationalist issue affecting the country, the wider fallout from the tense security situation in the Middle East at large and the ongoing civil war in neighbouring Syria.
BMI's Defence & Security Report has several key findings. In terms of domestic security, the Kurdish issue continues to challenge the country's policymakers and its armed forces. While a military response has sought to contain and ultimately end Kurdish militancy, a political solution in the form of negotiations could become increasingly
important in helping to stop violence permanently. At the external level, Turkey continues to suffer the fallout from the civil war in Syria. Ankara will have to tread a delicate path to prevent the crisis from spilling over into the wider Middle East region.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/752066_turkey_defence_security_report_q1_201 ..
During October 2013, in response to the ongoing civil war in Syria, reports emerged that Turkey's Special Forces units were actively training and arming Syrian rebel groups. Meanwhile, Turkish Air Force (TAF) operations against Syrian aircraft continued, with the TAF downing a Syrian helicopter which Ankara claimed had violated Turkish air space. Other responses to the ongoing conflict include changes to the rules of engagement for the Syrian armed forces. In September 2013, Turkey also announced that it would be establish a new military base near its border with Syria.
At the domestic level, in October 2013, the country's appeals court upheld several jail sentences, while acquitting some of the defendants convicted for their part in the 2003 so-called 'Sledgehammer' plot to overthrow the Turkish government. At the regional level, Turkish relations with Saudi Arabia took an important step forward in September 2013, following the conclusion of a defence industrial cooperation agreement which has now been ratified by both nations.
Other updates made to BMI's Q114 Turkey Defence and Security report relate to:
* Turkey's selection of a Chinese medium-range surface-to-air missile system to satisfy its existing ground-based air defence requirements - a move which has triggered disquiet in NATO and in the United States.
* Deliveries of new Anka Unmanned Aerial Vehicles from Turkish Aerospace Industries to the country's armed forces.
* Completion of the critical design review in early May 2013 for the Turkish Army's new Altay Main Battle Tank.
* The re-bidding of a contract to supply the Turkish Navy with up to eight new corvettes.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Turkey Defence SWOT
- Turkey Security SWOT
- Business Environment
- Defence Expenditure
- Table: Turkey Defence Expenditure (2010-2017)
- Table: Defence Expenditure Scenario - Changing % Of GDP, 2010-2017 (US$mn)
- Armed Forces
- Table: Armed Forces ('000 personnel, unless otherwise stated)
- Table: Manpower Available For Military Service, 2010-2017 (aged 16-49 unless otherwise stated)
- Defence Trade
- Table: Defence Trade Balance (US$mn)
- Table: Turkey Defence Exports 2010-2017 (US$mn)
- Table: Turkey Defence Imports (US$mn) 2010-2017
- Economic Analysis
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Europe Risk Reward Ratings
- Table: Europe Regional Security Ratings (scores out of 100, with 100 the best)
- Table: Europe State Vulnerability To Terrorism Index (scores out of 100, with 100 the best)
- Turkey Risk Reward Ratings
- Turkey Defence Market Overview
- Armed Forces and Government Spending
- Table: Foreign Deployments
- Domestic Defence Industries
- Table: Key Players In Turkey's Defence Sector
- Weapons of Mass Destruction
- Turkey Security Overview
- Domestic Threats
- Regional Threats
- International Threats
- Aselsan Military Electronics Industry Inc
- Havelsan AS
- Europe Security Overview
Global Industry Overview
- Global Political Outlook
- Industry Forecast Methodology
- Sector-Specific Methodology
- Risk/Reward Rating Methodology
- Sector-Specific Methodology
- Table: Security Risk/Reward Ratings Indicators
- Table: Weighting Of Indicators
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.