2013-02-01 02:02:24 - Fast Market Research recommends "Vietnam Telecommunications Report Q1 2013" from Business Monitor International, now available
BMI View: Although Vietnam's telecoms sector is generally exhibiting declining growth momentum we believe the market still harbours significant potential given that the bulk of consumers are using basic, lowvalue services. The 3G sector is particularly attractive as consumers have yet to see the benefits of the service, in addition to other hindrances to adoption such as a lack of content. However, the competitive landscape is dominated by state companies, leaving little opportunities for foreign players.
* Forecasts for Vietnam's mobile, fixed-line and internet sectors as well as mobile operators' ARPUs have been extended to 2017.
* In spite of the low penetration rate, we continue to expect muted growth in the fixed broadband market, 5.5mn in 2017, due
to a lack of network coverage, mobile substitution and high ownership cost.
* The 3G market will be the outperformer in the Vietnamese mobile market in the next few years with operators looking to recoup their investments. We forecast an average growth rate of 13% between 2013 and 2017.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/529537_vietnam_telecommunications_report_q1_ ..
Key Trends And Developments
Vietnam has reaffirmed its decision to delay the issuance of 4G licences until after 2015. This chimes with our view that operators would again resort to price competition to attract subscribers for their LTE services, replicating their strategy for the 3G sector. According to Vietnam's Radio Frequency Department, Vietnam uses about 20 terabytes (TB) of data a year, well below the global average of 3.8 exabytes (EB, equivalent to 3.8mn terabytes).
GTel Mobile, which operated under the Beeline brand, has renamed its brand Gmobile after using the Beeline name for nearly four years. The new brand focuses on 2G technology, was officially announced on September 17 2012 and was changed in October 2012. Gmobile also changed its logo and slogan, while retaining the characteristic colours of the Beeline brand - yellow and black. The change was due to the withdrawal of Russia's VimpelCom.
Vietnam retained its 16th position in BMI's latest Asia Pacific Telecoms Risk/Reward Ratings with a Telecoms Rating score of 43.8. Although the country's score improved from the previous quarter, we highlight that this was partially due to changes to our methodology. Vietnam's real GDP growth accelerated from 4.7% year-on-year (y-o-y) in Q212 to 5.4% in Q312, reinforcing our view that the economy is poised for a robust recovery as we head into 2013. We see scope for a robust rebound in private sector investment growth as lending rates decline over the coming months.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- BMI Industry View
- Table: Telecoms Sector - Mobile - Historical Data And Forecasts
- Table: Telecoms Sector - Mobile ARPU - Historical Data And Forecasts (US$)
- Table: Telecoms Sector - Fixed Line - Historical Data And Forecasts
- Table: Telecoms Sector - Internet - Historical Data And Forecasts
Industry Business Environment Overview
- Industry Business Environment Overview
- Table: Asia Pacific Telecoms Risk/Reward Ratings Q113
- Table: Vietnam Mobile Market Regional Comparison, 2011
- Key Market Developments
- Market Growth
- Market Shares
- Table: Vietnam Mobile Market, September 2012
- Potential New Entrants
- Mobile Content/Value-Added Services
- Table: Value-Added Services
- Mobile Operator Data
- Table: Vietnam Mobile Market Overview ('000)
- Table: Viettel
- Table: VinaPhone
- Table: MobiFone
- Table: Gmobile (previously Beeline VN)
- Table: Vietnamobile
- Table: S-Fone
- Table: EVN Telecom
- Mobile Regional Content
- Table: Selected NFC Developments, 2011
- Fixed Line
- Long-Distance Services
Industry Trends & Developments
- Industry Trends And Developments
- Mobile Broadband
- Table: Vietnam 4G Triallists
- Table: Telecoms Market Developments
- Regulatory Development
- Table: Vietnam: Regulatory Bodies And Their Responsibilities
- Legislation And Market Liberalisation
- Licensing And Spectrum
- Regulatory Developments
- Competitive Landscape
- Table: Key Players
- Vietnam Posts & Telecommunications (VNPT)
- EVN Telecom
- FPT Telecom
- Vendor Profile
- Financial Performance
- Table: Vendor Revenues (US$mn)
- Restructuring Efforts
- Geographical Breakdown
- Table: Net Sales By Geography (EURmn)
- Asia Pacific Is The Place To Be
- Table: NSN Selected Asia Activities
- Vietnam Demographic Forecast
- Table: Vietnam's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: Vietnam's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: Vietnam's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: Vietnam's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- Table: Glossary Of Terms
- Table: Key Indicators For Telecommunications Industry Forecasts
- Telecoms Business Environment Ratings
- Table: Ratings Indicators
- Table: Weighting Of Indicators
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.