2013-01-16 15:53:09 - New Financial Services market report from Datamonitor: "Wealth Management Competitor Tracker: October 2012"
The Wealth Management Competitor Tracker follows the developments of 100 wealth managers and their associated brands globally. Produced monthly, the tracker is based on press releases and reported news stories. It covers product innovation, customer targeting, M&A, partnerships, organic growth, and staffing. Competitors tracked include: Credit Agricole, Falcon Private Bank and Santander.
* Gain invaluable information on competitors in one concise document; identify long-term trends using the Excel database.
* Sharpen your strategy by implementing the best market, product, competitor and strategic developments of leading players from around the world.
* Learn the Datamonitor Wealth & Investments Team's view on the most important competitor developments in the month.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/531042_wealth_management_competitor_tracker_ ..
activity finally picked up in October 2012 with a total of 76 developments, well above the 12-month average of 64, and up from 52 in September and 50 in August. Levels of competitor activity are staying true to the traditionally busy months ahead of the Christmas holidays in many parts of the world.
Staffing once again contributed the most to the October developments with 43% of all activity, but M&A, Partnerships, and Organic Growth activity also doubled from 10 developments in September to 20 in October, contributing 28%. Key developments include Falcon Private Bank's acquisition of Clariden Leu Europe from Credit Suisse.
Over the last six months, Citigroup, Charles Schwab, Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS), and Wells Fargo have been the most active companies tracked by Datamonitor's Wealth Management Tracker series. Since May 2012, Citigroup has not shied away from organic growth, with a new Citigold Private Client Center in Taiwan in October.
Reasons to Get this Report
* What product and customer servicing innovations are wealth managers launching around the world?
* Where is the competition expanding and opening new offices and branches?
* Which companies are recruiting new wealth management staff and where?
* What are the levels of M&A and organic growth activity by region?
Partial Table of Contents:
* The Wealth Management Competitor Tracker provides both one-month and 12-month views of developments
* As of January 2011, Datamonitor tracks the most relevant announcements from 100 competitors
* As of January 2012, Datamonitor also tracks a selection of wealth management technology companies
* Datamonitor's Wealth and Investments Team provides analysis of the key developments at one-month and 12-month intervals
* A fully searchable database covering the past 12 months of developments is delivered alongside the report
COMPETITOR ACTIVITY IN OCTOBER
* All activity picked up in October
* Citigroup, Charles Schwab, RBS, and Wells Fargo have been the most active companies in the last six months
KEY DEVELOPMENTS IN OCTOBER
* Notable developments within the wealth management industry in October
* Citi Private Bank's North America Asian Clients Group expands into three US markets
* Swiss private bank Pictet & Cie plans to enter the Israeli market
* UBS investment banker takes on wealth management role
PRODUCT INNOVATION AND CUSTOMER TARGETING
* Bank Danamon
* Indonesia: Danamon Syariah launches Sharia-based gold ownership financing
* Bank of China
* Hong Kong: Bank of China (Hong Kong) Private Banking sponsors the "A Testament of Friendship" exhibition
* Bank of East Asia
* Hong Kong: Bank of East Asia advertises the 10th anniversary of its mass affluent program with promotions
* Banque Privee Edmond de Rothschild
* Switzerland: Banque Privee Edmond de Rothschild sponsors the Geneva Watchmaking Grand Prix
* UK: Barings launches the Emerging Markets Corporate Debt Fund
* Bendigo and Adelaide Bank
* Australia: Bendigo Wealth partners with Cool Australia
* BMO Financial
* Canada: BMO launches a financial planning website
* BNP Paribas
* Europe: BNP Paribas launches a pan-European proposition targeting mass affluent expatriates
* Brewin Dolphin
* UK: Brewin Dolphin launches BD TV
* Charles Schwab
* US: Schwab to Take Trader Education Virtual with Live Online Streaming of "Schwab Trader Day"
* US: Schwab Performance Technologies announces new product releases for independent investment advisors
* US: Citi Private Bank's North America Asian Clients Group expands into three US markets
* Emirates NBD
* UAE: Emirates NBD Priority Banking launches a lifestyle program for mass affluent customers
* UAE: Emirates NBD Private Banking launches the India SME Fund
* Falcon Private Bank
* Russia: Falcon Private Bank endorses culture in Russia
* Hong Kong: ICBC (Asia) launches a new account opening promotion
* National Bank of Abu Dhabi
* UAE: National Bank of Abu Dhabi renews its sponsorship of the Yas Marina Circuit
Full Table of Contents is available at:
The Datamonitor Group is a world-leading provider of premium global business information, delivering independent data, analysis and opinion across the Automotive, Consumer Markets, Energy & Utilities, Financial Services, Logistics & Express, Pharmaceutical & Healthcare, Retail, Technology and Telecoms industries. Datamonitor's market intelligence products and services ensure that you will achieve your desired commercial goals by giving you the insight you need to best respond to your competitive environment. View more research from Datamonitor at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1002
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.