2013-09-18 09:03:25 - Fast Market Research recommends "Cambodia Power Report Q4 2013" from Business Monitor International, now available
The major players in Asian power supply are clamouring to invest in Cambodia, with the result that huge capacity expansion can be expected from around 2015, as hydro-, gas- and coal-based schemes are introduced. This should leave the country with plentiful spare generation. Neighbouring Vietnam, which will finance a number of power projects, plans to make good use of Cambodia's potential export capability, as does Thailand if a major coal-fired scheme comes to fruition.
Hydropower expansion is already under way, and there is a long queue of potential projects with strong regional backing. Several are set to proceed, with a surge in hydro-based supply due from around 2016. Domestic gas resources could contribute additional capacity, while the utilisation of renewables is
set to rise rapidly from a low base. New coal-fired stations are also in the planning stage, with Cambodia open to the long-term possibility of nuclear energy.
Full Report Details at
Key trends and developments in the Cambodian electricity market:
* Cambodia's Royal Group and China's Hydrolancang were given the go-ahead in November 2012 to commence construction on the Lower Se San 2 hydropower plant. The design and construction of the project will see electricity exported to Vietnam. The project is expected to be completed in the latter stages of 2017.
* During the period 2013-2022, Cambodia's overall power generation is expected to increase by an annual average of 18.5%, reaching 11.1 terawatt hours (TWh). Driving this growth is a new gas-fired scheme that is in the pipeline and should enter service during the forecast period, as well as a massive hydropower expansion programme that includes several dams with capacities exceeding 100 megawatt (MW).
Following real GDP growth of 7.3% in 2012, BMI forecasts average annual growth of 6.7% between 2013 and 2022. The population is expected to rise from 14.7mn in 2013 to 16.2mn by end-2022, with net power consumption forecast to increase from 2.8TWh in 2013 to 8.5TWh in 2022. During the period 2013-2022, the average annual growth rate for electricity demand is forecast at 13.1%.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Cambodia Snapshot
- Table: Country Snapshot: Economic and Demographic Data
- Table: Country Snapshot: Power Sector
- Cambodia Power Forecast Scenario
- Electricity Generation and Power Generating Capacity
- Table: Cambodia Total Electricity Generation Data And Forecasts, 2011 - 2016
- Table: Cambodia Total Long Term Electricity Generation Data And Forecasts 2017-2022
- Table: Cambodia Electricity Generating Capacity Data And Forecasts, 2011 - 2016
- Table: Cambodia Electricity Generating Capacity Data And Forecasts, 2017 - 2022
- Electricity Consumption
- Table: Cambodia Total Electricity Consumption Data And Forecasts, 2011-2016
- Table: Cambodia Total Electricity Consumption Data And Forecasts, 2017-2022
- Transmission & Distribution, Imports & Exports
- Table: Cambodia Electric Power Transmission And Distribution Losses Data And Forecasts, 2011 - 2016
- Table: Cambodia Long Term Electric Power Transmission And Distribution Losses Data And Forecasts 2017-2022
- Table: Cambodia Trade Data And Forecasts, 2011 - 2016
- Table: Cambodia Long Term Trade Data And Forecasts, 2017 - 2022
Industry Risk/Reward Ratings
- Cambodia Risk/Reward Ratings
- Asia Power Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: Asia Power Risk/Rewards Ratings
- Key Policies And Market Structure
- Regulation and Competition
- Cambodia Power Projects Database
- Table: Cambodia Major Projects - Power
- Asia Regional Overview
- Table: Regional Real GDP Growth, % Chg Y-O-Y
- Table: Glossary Of Terms
- Methodology And Sources
- Industry Forecasts
- Power Industry - Data Methodology
- Generation and Consumption Data
- Electricity Generating Capacity Data
- Power Risk/Reward Ratings Methodology
- Table: Power Risk/Reward Indicators
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.