2012-09-05 08:48:56 - Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Cote d'Ivoire Infrastructure Report Q4 2012", is now available at Fast Market Research
BMI View: Cote d'Ivoire's construction industry is forecast to post strong growth in 2012, driven by a renewed focus by government on construction projects. Greater political and social stability have been key in providing an environment where growth can take place, with 2012 set to see year-on-year (y-o-y) growth of 13% and construction industry value of US$1bn.
The key factors driving our forecasts this quarter are:
* Socoprim, a consortium led by Bouygues Travaux Publics, signed finance agreements for the design, construction, maintenance and operation of a EUR232mn (US$292.2mn) highway in Cote d'Ivoire. The project entails the construction of a third Abidjan Bridge, dubbed Henri Konan Bedie Bridge, connecting Riviera district with Marcory district and comprising two threelane carriageways. The consortium
is scheduled to start work on the 6.4km highway in September 2012, with completion expected in 25 months.
* French shipping company CMA-CGM placed a bid of between EUR200mn (US$246.6mn) and EUR250mn (US$308.2mn) for a container terminal at the port of Abidjan in Cote d'Ivoire. The country's government intends to triple the capacity of the port to 2.3mn units by 2016. CMACGM Director General Rodolphe Saade said that the company intends to become a market leader in Africa.
* Cote d'Ivoire's government will construct a 275MW hydropower station in the Soubre department of Bas-Sassandra region. The dam is scheduled to become operational by 2015-2016 and is part of a strategy to boost the country's power generation capacity by 150MW per annum. Over our 10-year forecast period, the primary political goals will be reducing endemic poverty, addressing identity politics and unifying administration of the country. The risk of rebellions and coup attempts will remain high for the foreseeable future.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/456319_cote_divoire_infrastructure_report_q4 ..
Over a year after the arrest of former president Laurent Gbagbo, we see many reasons to be positive about the country's political development. While the situation is still fragile, we expect a gradual return to political stability.
Report Table of Contents:
- Cote D'Ivoire Infrastructure Industry SWOT
- West Africa Competitive Landscape
- Table: Domicile and Number of Contractors In West Africa, 2011
- Cement Forecasts
- Table: Cote d'Ivoire Cement Production and Consumption Data. 2008 - 2016
- Table: Cote d'Ivoire Cement Production and Consumption Long-Term Forecasts, 2013 - 2021
Industry Forecast Scenario
- Table: Cote d'Ivoire Construction And Infrastructure Industry Data, 2009 - 2016
- Table: Cote d'Ivoire Construction And Infrastructure Industry Data Long-Term Forecast, 2014 - 2021
- Construction And Infrastructure Forecast Scenario
- Regional Transport Infrastructure Outlook And Overview
- Major Projects Table - Transport
- Table: West Africa Transport Projects
Energy And Utilities Infrastructure
- Regional Energy And Utilities Infrastructure Outlook And Overview
- Major Projects Table - Energy and Utilities
- Table: Cote D'Ivoire Energy & Utilities Projects
Residential/Non-Residential Construction and Social Infrastructure
- Regional Residential/Non-Residential Building Outlook And Overview
- Cote D'Ivoire's Risk/Reward Ratings
- Sub-Saharan Africa Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: Sub-Saharan Africa Infrastructure Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: BMI Infrastructure Index - YTD Top Performers (%)
- Table: BMI Infrastructure Index - YTD Worst Performers (%)
- Industry Forecasts
- Construction Industry
- Data Methodology
- New Infrastructure Data Sub-sectors
- Capital Investment
- Construction Sector Employment
- Infrastructure Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: Infrastructure Business Environment Indicators
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.