2013-12-17 15:38:50 - Recently published research from WealthInsight, "HNWI Asset Allocation in Hong Kong to 2013", is now available at Fast Market Research
This report provides the latest asset allocations of Hong Kong HNWIs across 13 asset classes. The report also includes projections of the volume, wealth and asset allocations of Hong Kong HNWIs to 2017 and a comprehensive and robust background of the local economy.
* In 2012, real estate was the largest asset class for HNWIs in Hong Kong with 35.6% of total HNWI assets, followed by business interests with 21.4%, equities with 17.4%, cash with 12.2%, fixed-income with 8.9%, and alternatives with 4.5%.
* Equities, real estate and alternative products recorded the strongest growth during the review period.
* Alternative assets held by Hong Kong HNWIs remained constant during the review period, accounting for 4.5% of total HNWI assets.
HNWI allocations to commodities decreased marginally from 1.8% of total assets in 2008 to 1.7% in 2012.
* Over the forecast period, HNWI holdings in cash and fixed-income are expected to decline further as an asset class. After substantial growth during the review period, equities, real estate and alternative holdings are expected to decrease substantially over the forecast period.
* As of 2012, liquid assets held by Hong Kong HNWIs amounted to US$218 billion, representing 19.2% of wealth holdings.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/755386_hnwi_asset_allocation_in_hong_kong_to ..
* Independent market sizing of Hong Kong HNWIs across five wealth bands
* HNWI volume and wealth trends from 2008 to 2012
* HNWI volume and wealth forecasts to 2017
* HNWI and UHNWI asset allocations across 13 asset classes
* Insights into the drivers of HNWI wealth
Reasons to Get this Report
* The WealthInsight Intelligence Center Database is an unparalleled resource and the leading resource of its kind. Compiled and curated by a team of expert research specialists, the database comprises dossiers on over 60,000 HNWIs from around the world.
* The Intelligence Center also includes tracking of wealth and liquidity events as they happen and detailed profiles of major private banks, wealth managers and family offices in each market.
* With the Database as the foundation for our research and analysis, we are able obtain an unsurpassed level of granularity, insight and authority on the HNWI and wealth management universe in each of the countries and regions we cover.
* Report includes comprehensive forecasts to 2017.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: CITIC Bank International, Hang Seng Bank Ltd, Bank of East Asia, Nanyang Commercial Bank, Wing Hang Bank Ltd, Chi Yu Bank, Chong Hing Bank Limited, Dah Sing Bank Ltd, Mevas Bank Ltd, Tai Sang Bank Ltd,
Partial Table of Contents:
1.1 Details of this Report
2 Executive Summary
3 Wealth Sector Fundamentals
3.1 Political Background
3.2 Economic Background
3.3 Benchmarking Hong Kong Wealth in Context
3.3.1 Distribution of wealth in Hong Kong
3.4 HNWI Volume and Wealth Trends
4 Analysis of Hong Kong HNWI Investments
4.1 Analysis by Asset Classes
4.1.1 Trends in alternative assets
4.1.2 Trends in 'art, wine and wheels'
4.1.3 Trends of investments in real estate
4.1.4 Trends of investments in cash and deposits
4.1.5 Trends of investments in fixed-income
4.1.6 Trends of investments in equity
4.1.7 Trends of Investments in business interests
4.2 Analysis of Foreign Investments
4.2.1 Investments in Europe
4.2.2 Investments in North America (Including the US, Mexico and the Caribbean)
4.2.3 Investments in Asia Pacific
4.2.4 Investments in Latin and South America
4.2.5 Investments in the Middle East
4.2.6 Investments in Africa
4.3 Alternative Breakdown: Liquid vs. Investable Assets
4.4 Analysis of Hong Kong UHNWI Investments
5.1 Additional Components of the Wealth Sector in Hong Kong
5.1.2 Demand for intergenerational wealth transfer
5.1.3 Human resource availability for the wealth management industry
5.2 Regulations on Taxes
5.3 Regulations Related to Immigration, Investment and Employment
5.4 Key Drivers
5.4.1 HKD to US$ exchange rate
5.4.2 Real GDP growth
5.4.3 Per capita GDP
5.4.4 Domestic market capitalization
5.4.5 Commodity index
5.4.6 Foreign direct investments - inflow and outflow
5.4.7 Inflation rate
5.4.8 Interest rate
5.4.9 Balance of payments
5.4.10 Government debt
5.4.11 Stock market performance
5.5 Wealth Breakdowns
6 About WealthInsight
List of Tables
Table 1: HNWI Wealth Band and Group Definitions
Table 2: States in Hong Kong, 2012
Table 3: Largest Cities in Hong Kong, 2012
Table 4: Hong Kong Allocations of HNWI Assets, 2008-2017
Table 5: Hong Kong HNWIs - Holdings Growth (%), 2008-2017
Table 6: Hong Kong HNWIs - Trends of Investments in Alternative Assets (%), 2008-2017
Table 7: Hong Kong HNWIs - Alternative Asset Composition (%), 2008-2017
Table 8: Hong Kong Trends in 'Art, Wine and Wheels', 2008-2012
Table 9: Global Prime Real Estate Prices per Square Meter in US$, 2012
Table 10: Hong Kong HNWIs - Percentage of Foreign Investment Allocations, 2008-2017
Table 11: Hong Kong HNWIs - Liquidity Breakdown (US$ Billion), 2008-2017
Table 12: Hong Kong HNWIs - Liquidity Breakdown (%), 2008-2017
Table 13: Hong Kong UHNWIs - Allocations and Share of HNWI Assets, 2012
Table 14: Hong Kong Income Tax Bands, 2012-2013
Table 15: HKD to US$ Exchange Rate, 2008-2017
Table 16: Hong Kong Real GDP Growth (%), 2008-2017
Table 17: Hong Kong GDP Per Capita (US$), 2008-2017
Table 18: Hong Kong Domestic Market Capitalization (US$ Billions) 2008-2012
Table 19: Hong Kong Commodity Indices, 2008-2017
Table 20: Hong Kong Foreign Direct Investments (US$ Billion), 2008-2017
Table 21: Hong Kong Inflation Rate (%), 2008-2017
Table 22: Hong Kong Money Market Rate (%), 2008-2017
Table 23: Hong Kong Balance of Payments (US$ Billion), 2008-2012
Full Table of Contents is available at:
WealthInsight provides detailed data and insightful analysis on the global wealth sector. With decades of experience providing business information, they help organizations in the wealth industry make informed decisions, position themselves more effectively and uncover and capitalize on opportunities to win new business. View more research from WealthInsight at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1036
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.