2013-12-25 23:25:54 - Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Kazakhstan and Central Asia Defence & Security Report Q1 2014", is now available at Fast Market Research
BMI's Kazakhstan And Central Asia Defence & Security Report for Q114 makes several key findings. Firstly, despite the Soviet Union having dissolved two decades ago, the armed forces of the countries surveyed in this report continue to make use of ageing and obsolete military equipment. This can be seen by the large inventories of Cold War-era Soviet-supplied materiel that continues to furnish their inventories.
Secondly, despite the security challenges faced by these countries, notably in the form of 'blowback' from the civil war in nearby Afghanistan, local border disputes and domestic insurgencies, there are no major re-equipment programmes being undertaken to address materiel shortcomings in any of the five countries surveyed in the report. Typically, all five states carry out piecemeal
acquisitions of small quantities of military equipment; witness Kazakhstan's order for Airbus Military C-295 turboprop freighters. This is arguably the largest military aircraft acquisition programme in this region.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/754580_kazakhstan_and_central_asia_defence_s ..
Thirdly, collective security arrangements do exist between these nations and other members of the former Soviet Union. These are best exemplified in the form of the Collective Security Treaty Organisation (CSTO), which includes Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan. All Central Asian states are also members of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO). Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan have also signed a 'Defense Union'. Yet there are questions regarding the integrity and strength of these regional initiatives. Witness Uzbekistan's decision to withdraw from the CSTO in June 2012 in protest against Russia's decision to deploy a Rapid Reaction Force to Kyrgyzstan for regional security.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Kazakhstan And Central Asia Defence SWOT
- Kazakhstan And Central Asia Security SWOT
- Defence Budget
- Table: Defence Expenditure
- Armed Forces
- Table: Armed Forces ('000 personnel, unless otherwise stated)
- Table: Manpower Available For Military Service, 2010-2017 (aged 16-49 unless otherwise stated)
- Defence Trade
- Table: Kazakhstan - Economic Activity
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Europe Risk Reward Ratings
- Table: Europe Regional Security Ratings (scores out of 100, with 100 the best)
- Table: Europe State Vulnerability To Terrorism Index (scores out of 100, with 100 the best)
- Kazakhstan and Central Asia Risk Rewards
- Defence Market Overview
- Armed Forces
- Domestic Defence Industries
- Weapons of Mass Destruction
- Security Overview
- Domestic Threats
- Regional Threats
- International Threats
- Chkalov Tashkent Industrial Aircraft Association (TAPiCH)
- GE International Operations
Global Industry Overview
- Global Political Outlook
- Industry Forecast Methodology
- Sector-Specific Methodology
- Risk/Reward Rating Methodology
- Sector-Specific Methodology
- Table: Security Risk/Reward Ratings Indicators
- Table: Weighting Of Indicators
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.