2013-03-23 08:19:06 - New Defense market report from Business Monitor International: "Libya Defence & Security Report Q2 2013"
BMI's report examines Libya's current defence and security environment, and the prospects for restoring the country to normality following the end of the civil war. The general conclusion reached is that while Libya has a clear potential to emerge as a peaceful, democratic and prosperous member of the international community much work remains to be done in stabilising the current security situation.
In terms of the reports key findings, BMI believes that the most pressing priority for Libya's new government is to stabilise the security situation by disarming those anti-Qadhafi militias still in existence and providing them with the opportunity to either join the emerging Libyan armed forces, or to be assisted in their search for productive work. Secondly, the government
must work to reduce the illicit flow of arms from the country; these were taken from Libyan Army stocks during the civil war. These weapons are finding their way to insurgent groups in Africa and further afield. Thirdly, the government must press forward its efforts to reform, recapitalise and reorient the country's armed forces. This can be done via the integration of former militias into the Libyan armed forces, and via the acquisition of new military equipment. The government must also continue to work for the disarmament of anti-Qadhafi militias whom have not yet surrendered their weapons. In addition, it must endeavour to reduce tensions existing between several of Libya's ethnic groups.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/552345_libya_defence_security_report_q2_2013 ..
A number of changes have been made since BMI published its last Libya Defence and Security Report. These include:
* Details regarding United States assistance for the establishment of a commando force designed to fight Islamist elements operating in and around the country.
* Information pertaining to procurement programmes being performed by the Libyan Navy.
* An update regarding Libya's developing relations with the international community.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Libya Defence SWOT
- Libya Security SWOT
- Business Environment
- Armed Forces
- Table: Libya's Armed Forces ('000 personnel, unless otherwise stated)
- Table: Libya's Manpower Available For Military Services (aged 16-49, unless otherwise stated)
- Defence Expenditure
- Table: Defence Expenditure
- Table: Defence Expenditure Scenario - Changing % Of GDP (US$mn)
- Defence Trade
- Economic Outlook
- Table: Libya - GDP By Expenditure, Current Prices Breakdown
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Security Risk Analysis
- Table: Middle East And Africa Defence & Security Ratings
- Table: Middle East And Africa State Vulnerability To Terrorism Index
- Libya Market Overview
- Armed Forces
- Government Spending
- Industry Trends and Developments
- Weapons of Mass Destruction
- Arms Trade Overview
Industry Trends And Developments
- Political Outlook
- Security Overview
- External Security
- Internal Security
- Middle East and Africa Security Overview
Global Industry Overview
- Global Political Outlook
- Iran War Risks Rising In 2013
- Syrian Conflict To Continue, Post-Assad
- Caucasus At Risk Of Armenia-Azerbaijan War
- Korean Peninsula Facing Mixed Outlook
- Asia's Maritime Island Disputes
- Table: Election Timetable, 2013
- How We Generate Our Industry Forecasts
- Defence Industry
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.