2013-09-04 19:22:39 - New Insurance market report from Timetric: "Non-Life Insurance in Turkey, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017"
Turkish economy is the 16th-largest, and among the fastest-growing, in the world. Led by sustained economic growth, the country's insurance industry's gross written premium registered a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.6% during the review period (2008-2012).Non-life was the largest segment in the Turkish insurance industry in 2012, accounting for 67.2% of the total gross written premium. Increasing investment in infrastructure by the government through its Vision 2023 program, improvement in the European business environment, and a low penetration rate are expected to support growth over the forecast period (2013-2017).
* The Turkish non-life segment gross written premium increased at a review-period CAGR of 11.3%, from TRY8.4 billion (US$6.5 billion) in 2008 to TRY12.8 billion (US$7.7 billion) in
* The non-life segment accounted for the largest share of the industry's gross written premiums with 67.2% in 2012.
* Over the forecast period, the non-life segment is expected to record a CAGR of 9.8%, to rise to TRY20.5 billion (US$12.3 billion) by 2017.
* Agencies and brokers collectively accounted for 79% of the new business premiums generated in the non-life segment in 2012.
* Mandatory insurance products will provide sustainability to the growth. Furthermore, the low insurance penetration rate of 0.90% will attract investment from insurers.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/673006_nonlife_insurance_in_turkey_key_trend ..
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the non-life insurance segment in Turkey:
* It provides historical values for Turkey's non-life insurance segment for the report's 2008-2012 review period and forecast figures for the 2012-2017 forecast period
* It offers a detailed analysis of the key sub-segments in Turkey's non-life insurance segment, along with forecasts until 2017
* It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions
* It analyses the various distribution channels for non-life insurance products in Turkey
* Using Porter's industry-standard "Five Forces" analysis, it details the competitive landscape in Turkey for the non-life insurance business
* It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance segment in Turkey and its growth prospects
* It profiles the top non-life insurance companies in Turkey, and outlines the key regulations affecting them"
Reasons to Get this Report
* Make strategic business decisions using historic and forecast market data related to the Turkish non-life insurance segment and each sector within it
* Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities within the Turkish non-life insurance segment
* Assess the competitive dynamics in the non-life insurance segment, along with the reinsurance segment
* Identify the growth opportunities and dynamics within key product categories
* Gain insights into key regulations governing the Turkish insurance industry and its impact on companies and the segment's future"
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Axa Sigorta AŞ, Anadolu Sigorta AŞ, AK Sigorata AŞ, Allianz Sigorta AŞ, Yapi Kredi Sigorta AŞ, Gunes Sigorta AŞ, Groupama Sigorta, Eureko Sigorta, Ergo Sigorta AŞ, Mapfre Genel Sigorta AŞ
Partial Table of Contents:
1 Executive Summary
2.1 What is this Report About?
3 Regional Market Dynamics
3.1.1 Market trends
3.1.2 Market size
4 Non-Life Insurance
4.1 Scale and Penetration
4.1.1 Total market gross written premium
4.1.2 Premium per capita
4.1.3 Non-life insurance penetration
4.2.1 Gross written premium
4.2.2 Gross written premium per capita
4.3 Efficiency and Risk
4.3.1 Loss ratio
4.3.2 Combined ratio
4.3.3 Incurred losses per capita
4.3.4 Incurred losses as a percentage of GDP
4.4 Distribution Channels
4.4.1 Direct marketing
5 Turkish Insurance Industry Attractiveness
5.1 Insurance Industry Size, 2008-2017
5.2 Key Industry Trends and Drivers
6 Turkish Non-Life Insurance Outlook
6.1 Non-Life Insurance Growth Prospects by Category
6.1.1 Property insurance
6.1.2 Fire and allied perils insurance
6.1.3 Engineering insurance
6.1.4 Agriculture insurance
6.1.5 Other property insurance
6.2 Motor Insurance
6.2.1 Motor hull
6.2.2 Motor third-party
6.3 General Third-party
6.4 Marine, Aviation and Transit
6.4.1 Marine insurance
6.4.2 Marine hull
6.4.3 Marine third-party
6.4.4 Aviation insurance
6.4.5 Transit insurance
7 Analysis by Distribution Channels
7.1 Direct Marketing
8 Porter's Five Forces Analysis - Turkish Non-Life Insurance Segment
8.1 Bargaining Power of Supplier: Medium to High
8.2 Bargaining Power of Buyer: Low to Medium
8.3 Barriers to Entry: Medium to High
8.4 Intensity of Rivalry: High
8.5 Threat of Substitutes: Low
9 Reinsurance Growth Dynamics and Challenges
9.1 Reinsurance Segment Size, 2008-2017
9.2 Reinsurance Segment Size by Type of Insurance, 2008-2017
10 Governance, Risk and Compliance
10.1 Legislation Overview and Historical Evolution
10.2 Regulations by Type of Insurance
10.2.1 Life insurance regulations
10.2.2 Property insurance regulations
10.2.3 Motor insurance regulations
10.2.4 Marine, aviation and transit insurance regulations
10.2.5 Personal accident and health insurance regulations
10.3 Compulsory Insurance
Full Table of Contents is available at:
Timetric is an independent economic and business research firm providing critical intelligence on emerging economies and key global industries. They provide detailed economic and sector intelligence, business insights and authoritative, independent commentary. View more research from Timetric at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1037
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.