2012-08-31 14:20:44 - Fast Market Research recommends "Russia Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2012" from Business Monitor International, now available
BMI View: projects that Russian consumer electronics spending will grow by about 13% in US dollar terms in 2012, after Russian retailers such as M.video and Euroset reported another year of strong growth in sales of consumer electronics devices in 2011. The Russian consumer electronics market is expected to increase at a double-digit CAGR over BMI's five-year forecast period, driven by the growing popularity of digital lifestyle products like digital TV sets, notebook PCs, digital cameras and portable audio devices. The planned roll-out of digital TV broadcasting to 95% of Russian citizens by 2015 and investment in 3G and 4G mobile communications infrastructure will boost spending. Growth will be slower in our forecast period, compared with the preceding five years,
but rising computer penetration, higher incomes and immense potential for spending by Russia's more remote regions all provide longterm grounds for optimism.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/451372_russia_consumer_electronics_report_q3 ..
Headline Expenditure Projections
Computer hardware sales: US$10.4bn in 2011 to US$11.8bn in 2012, +14.0% in US dollar terms. Forecast in US dollar terms was upwardly revised due to strong sales growth in Q112. AV sales: US$7.6bn in 2011 to US$8.2bn in 2012, +8% in US dollar terms. Forecast in US dollar terms unchanged, with flat-screen TV set sales the main growth area. Handset sales: US$6.0bn in 2011 to US$7.0bn in 2012, +18% in US dollar terms. Forecast in US dollar terms unchanged, but there is a large digital divide between urban centres such as Moscow, where mobile penetration is more than 200%, and rural regions, where penetration is far lower.
Russia's score was 52.8 out of 100.0 and it was in third place in our latest CE RRR table. Given its undoubted market growth potential, Russia is expected to rise to a higher position in our tablet over time.
Key Trends & Developments
* The flat-screen TV set market still is far from saturated, particularly in remote areas. In the major cities of European Russia, rising incomes, new house builds and interest in luxury items will ensure growing demand for digital. The government has set a target for every Russian citizen to have access to at least 24 digital TV channels by 2015, with the amount of funding for digitalisation reportedly RUB76.3bn.Russia is expected to roll out digital services gradually, starting from Russia's Far East and South Siberian regions, followed eventually by all populated localities.
* Demand for smartphone and higher end feature phones will help prevent stagnation in the handset market, despite the slowing subscriber growth rate. In Q112, smartphones accounted for 28% of all handsets sold at cellular provider MTS's retail chain and 64.8% of sales in monetary terms. By the end of 2011, smartphones accounted for around 18% of Russian handset sales by volume.
* Tablets will offer a growth area in 2012, with a boost from sales in Q112 of around 1.5mn tablets. Around 70% of tablets sold in the Russian market in 2011 were imports. Mobile PCs remain the main PC sales driver, although most of the growth in Q112 was in less expensive units priced below US$800. Household purchases of second notebooks for family use was one factor contributing to this trend.
Report Table of Contents:
- Russia Consumer Electronics Market SWOT
- Russia Political SWOT
- Russia Economic SWOT
- Russia Business Environment SWOT
CEE Risk/Reward Ratings
- CEE Consumer Electronics Risk/Reward Ratings, Q312
Consumer Electronics Market
- Table: PC Sales, 2008-2016
- Table: AV Sales, 2009-2016
- Mobile Handsets
- Table: Mobile Communications, 2008-2016
- Three Most Popular Models In Different Pricing Categories In MTS Retail Network Q311, % Of Total Units Sold
- Table: Russia Electronics Industry, Key Metrics
- Table: Electronics Output, 2009-2016
- Table: Russia's Technology Park Expenditure, 2006-2010 (US$mn)
- Table: Diverse Private Tech Firm Investment Boosts Silicon Skolkovo Dream
- Table: Electronics Output By Segment, 2009-2016
- Table: FDI Of LCD TV Set Manufacturers In Russia, 2006-2009
- Table: Russia Electronics Components Industry - Development Plan 2008-2025
Industry Forecast Scenario
- Consumer Electronics Market
- Table: Consumer Electronics Overview, 2008-2016
- Table: Russia - Economic Activity, 2011-2016
- Depo Computer
- National Computer Corporation (NCC)
- Table: Russia's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: Russia's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: Russia's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: Russia's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- How We Generate Our Industry Forecasts
- Electronics Industry
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.