2012-08-31 03:57:27 - Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Russia Defence & Security Report Q4 2012", is now available at Fast Market Research
Despite the dissolution of the Soviet Union and the Warsaw Pact over two decades ago, Russia remains an important international actor both in the Eurasian region and in the world at large. The country retains some of the world's biggest armed forces, and has the second-largest nuclear arsenal. BMI's Q4 Defence and Security Report examines the country's strategic challenges together with its current and future defence posture. The report concludes that, despite some budgetary challenges, Russia's military establishment is moving forward with the comprehensive modernisation of its armed forces, with the delivery of new equipment across all three services. The intention of the armed forces' modernisation programme is to make the country more agile and adaptable in meeting new threats
both at home and abroad.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/451366_russia_defence_security_report_q4_201 ..
As of Q412, Russia is continuing to procure new equipment and to gradually professionalise its army. One of the most ambitious procurement programmes is occurring in the country's air force, which is purchasing hundreds of new warplanes, special mission aircraft and freighters over the next decade, with this force modernisation expected to conclude by 2020. In addition, the Russian army is planning to replace a wide range of its current armoured vehicle fleet with a family of modular platforms that can be configured according to the missions that they are to perform. Moreover, the navy is acquiring new vessels, although of all of Russia's armed services, the navy seems to have the least ambitious procurement plans in terms of platform acquisition. Other important changes to the Russian military that have been outlined in BMI's Q412 report include the planned activation of a cyber warfare unit in the Russian army to protect the country against cyber attacks, and to wage cyber warfare.
BMI has made a number of changes to its views since the publication of the Q312 report:
* Details of deliveries of new cruise missiles to the Russian navy, and news regarding aircraft procurements for the Russian air force.
* An update of the continuing controversy surrounding Russia's sales of weapons to the regime of President Bashar al-Assad in Syria.
* Clarifications regarding the value of Russian defence exports in 2011 and 2012.
* Updated information regarding the product lines for the domestic and export markets for Russian weapons suppliers.
Report Table of Contents:
- Russia Security SWOT
- Russia Defence Industry SWOT
- Russia Political SWOT
- Russia Economic SWOT
- Russia Business Environment SWOT
Global Political Outlook
- No Respite From Political Risks
- Global Flashpoints: Eurozone, Iran, Syria, Afghanistan, Korea
- Table: Election Timetable
- Wild Cards To Watch
Europe Security Overview
- The Strategic Outlook For The 2010s
- Europe In A Global Context
- Europe's Key Security Issues Over The Coming Decade
Security Risk Analysis
- BMI's Security Ratings
- Table: Europe Security Risk Ratings
- Table: Europe State Terrorism Vulnerability To Terrorism Index
- Domestic Politics
- Reform Focus To Remain After Consolidation
- Long-Term Political Outlook
- Political Change To Affect Kremlin's Ability To Respond To Challenges
Russia Security Overview
- External Security Situation
- United States
- The Western Front
- Central Asia
- The New 'Great Game' In The Arctic
- Beyond Eurasia
- Russia At Risk Of Losing Great Power Status
- Russia's Military Doctrine To 2020
- Shanghai Cooperation Organisation: New Global Force Or Paper Tiger?
- Internal Security
- Armed Forces
- International Deployments
- Table: Russia's Foreign Deployments 2008
- Weapons Of Mass Destruction
- Arms Trade Overview
- Procurement Trends And Developments:
Industry Forecast Scenario
- Armed Forces
- Table: Russia's Armed Forces, 2001-2008 ('000 personnel, unless otherwise stated)
- Table: Russia's Available Manpower For Military Services, 2009-2016 (aged 16-49, unless otherwise stated)
- Defence Expenditure
- Table: Russia's Government Defence Expenditure, 2009-2016
- Table: Russia's Defence Expenditure Scenario - Changing % Of GDP, 2009-2016
- Defence Trade
- Table: Russia's Defence Exports, 2009-2016 (US$mn)
- Table: Russia's Defence Imports, 2009-2016 (US$mn)
- Table: Russia's Defence Trade Balance, 2009-2016 (US$mn)
- Macroeconomic Outlook
- Reform Agenda Key For Stable Growth Outlook
- Table: Russia - Economic Activity, 2011-2016
- Kazan Helicopters
- Rosoboronexport State Corporation
- Russian Aircraft Corporation MiG (RSK MiG)
- Sukhoi Aviation Corporation
- United Aircraft Corporation
Country Snapshot: Demographic Data
- Table: Russia's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: Russia's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: Russia's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: Russia's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- How We Generate Our Industry Forecasts
- Defence Industry
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.