2014-01-27 11:16:38 - New Insurance research report from Timetric is now available from Fast Market Research
The Bangladeshi insurance industry is highly competitive. Key factors affecting the performance of the industry during the review period included fierce competition in the non-life segment, the rising market shares of private insurance companies, and the increasing level of risk being retained by insurers. The Bangladeshi insurance industry increased at a CAGR of 16.0% during the review period (2008-2012), supported primarily by the life insurance segment.
* The life insurance segment recorded a significant review-period CAGR of 16.4%, driven by the country's large population, robust economic growth, increased promotional efforts by private insurance companies, rising disposable income levels and increased awareness of the need for insurance.
* The insurance industry in Bangladesh registered low combined and loss ratios in
all three insurance segments - life, non-life and personal accident and health - during the review period.
* Its large population will continue to be a key growth driver for the insurance industry, especially in the life segment, over the forecast period.
* Life insurance led the Bangladeshi insurance industry during the review period, accounting for a 76.9% share of gross written premiums in 2012.
* The Bangladeshi insurance industry is fragmented and led by state-owned companies.
* In 2012, 18 insurers operated in the life segment and 44 were present in the non-life segment.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/770166_the_insurance_industry_in_bangladesh_ ..
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the insurance industry in Bangladesh:
* It provides historical values for the Bangladeshi insurance industry for the report's 2008-2012 review period, and forecast figures for the 2012-2017 forecast period
* It offers a detailed analysis of the key segments and categories in Bangladeshi insurance industry, along with forecasts until 2017
* It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, total assets, total investment income and retentions
* It profiles the top insurance companies in Bangladesh, and outlines the key regulations affecting them
Reasons to Get this Report
* Make strategic business decisions using in-depth historic and forecast industry data related to the Bangladeshi insurance industry and each segment within it
* Understand the demand-side dynamics, key trends and growth opportunities within the Bangladeshi insurance industry
* Assess the competitive dynamics in the the Bangladeshi insurance industry
* Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key segments
* Gain insights into key regulations governing the Bangladeshi insurance industry and its impact on companies and the industry's future
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Jiban Bima Corporation, Sadharan Bima Corporation, Green Delta Insurance Company Ltd, National Life Insurance Co. Ltd, Delta Life Insurance Company Ltd,
Partial Table of Contents:
1 Executive Summary
2.1 What is this Report About?
3 Regional Market Dynamics
3.1.1 Market trends
3.1.2 Market size
4 Life Insurance - Regional Benchmarking
4.1 Scale and Penetration
4.1.1 Total gross written premium
4.1.2 Premium per capita
4.1.3 Life insurance penetration
4.2.1 Gross written premium
4.2.2 Gross written premium per capita
4.3 Efficiency and Risk
4.3.1 Loss ratio
4.3.2 Combined ratio
4.3.3 Incurred losses per capita
4.3.4 Incurred losses as a percentage of GDP
5 Non-Life Insurance - Regional Benchmarking
5.1 Scale and Penetration
5.1.1 Total market gross written premium
5.1.2 Premium per capita
5.1.3 Non-life insurance penetration
5.2.1 Gross written premium
5.2.2 Gross written premium per capita
5.3 Efficiency and Risk
5.3.1 Loss ratio
5.3.2 Combined ratio
5.3.3 Incurred losses per capita
5.3.4 Incurred losses as a percentage of GDP
6 Personal Accident and Health Insurance - Regional Benchmarking
6.1 Scale and Penetration
6.1.1 Total market gross written premium
6.1.2 Premium per capita
6.1.3 Personal accident and health insurance penetration
6.2.1 Gross written premium
6.2.2 Gross written premium per capita
6.3 Efficiency and Risk
6.3.1 Loss ratio
6.3.2 Combined ratio
6.3.3 Incurred losses per capita
6.3.4 Incurred losses as a percentage of GDP
7 Bangladeshi Insurance Industry Overview
7.1 Bangladeshi Insurance Industry
7.2 Key Industry Trends and Drivers
8 Industry Segmentation
8.1 Life Insurance
8.2 Non-Life Insurance
8.2.1 Property insurance
8.2.2 Motor insurance
8.2.3 Liability insurance
8.2.4 Marine, aviation and transit insurance
8.3 Personal Accident and Health Insurance
9 Governance, Risk and Compliance
9.1 Legislation Overview and Historical Evolution
9.2 Legislation Trends by Type of Insurance
9.2.1 Life insurance regulatory trends
9.2.2 Property insurance regulatory trends
9.2.3 Motor insurance regulatory trends
9.2.4 Marine, aviation and transit insurance regulatory trends
9.2.5 Health insurance regulatory trends
9.3 Compulsory Insurance
Full Table of Contents is available at:
Timetric is an independent economic and business research firm providing critical intelligence on emerging economies and key global industries. They provide detailed economic and sector intelligence, business insights and authoritative, independent commentary. View more research from Timetric at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1037
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.