2013-01-15 13:02:20 - New Retailing market report from Verdict Research: "UK Annual Forecasts 2012-17: Clothing & Footwear"
The UK clothing & footwear market has continued to suffer in 2012 as weak consumer confidence and job cuts keep volume growth muted, and low levels of footfall keeps discounting activity high. This report examines the prospects for the market over the next five years to 2017, analysing issues such as the impact of the economy, as well as the performances of both specialists and non-specialists.
* Understand which categories within clothing & footwear will perform the best and offer the most opportunities, using our expenditure forecasts to 2017
* Use our market share and channels of distribution to find out which retailers and channels pose the biggest threat
* Discover our comprehensive analysis of the key issues set to
impact the clothing & footwear market over the next five years
* Identify the market growth drivers and inhibitors and implement our strategies to improve sales growth potential
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/530200_uk_annual_forecasts_201217_clothing_f ..
Recovery in 2013 will be far more gradual than initially anticipated, with consumers remaining very cautious with spending on discretionary items, particularly since the cost of food and household commodities remain high. However, consumer confidence will gradually improve, accelerating expenditure growth and volumes of clothing and footwear items.
Growth in clothing specialists' sales will be three times that of footwear specialists between 2012 and 2017, with higher inflation and a return to purchasing good value for money clothing driving the market.
New entrants to the UK clothing market will approach it more cautiously than pre-recession, preferring to open destination, flagship stores, which showcase the whole range, in few, high footfall locations rather than rolling out stores in every major city and town - keeping specialist space growth more muted than historically.
Reasons to Get this Report
* What is the clothing & footwear market size and how will it develop over the next five years?
* Which channels have performed the best over the last five years, and which channels have seen their share of the market decline?
* What are the key issues that will impede or maximise future growth opportunities?
* What strategies can I put in place to help drive sales and protect sales densities and profitability from falling?
Report Table of Contents:
Volume growth suffers as consumers lack confidence in spending
Shoppers remain cautious amid gloomy economic outlook and high unemployment levels;
Olympics does little to drive expenditure but boosts retailers' profiles;
Unseasonal weather increases pressure on margins;
Retailers rely on discounting to drive footfall to stores but margins are weakened further;
Market recovery has been prolonged, with volume growth not forecast to reach 2007 levels until after 2017;
Growth in infantswear will slow from 2015 as the number of children under one declines;
Childrenswear, accessories and footwear will become deflationary from 2015 due consumer reluctance to keep paying higher prices after more than six years of inflation;
Retailers will rationalise existing store networks to protect profitability;
Retailers must highlight value for money as consumers look to justify spending.
Help and tips to use the annual forecasts
Copying data to Excel
Inserting slides into your own presentations
Ask the analyst
Table: Principle sources of data and information
Figure: Verdict forecasting methodology
About Verdict Group
With over 20 years' experience, Verdict Research is the UK's leading authority on retailing, and publishes unrivalled independent analysis. Verdict reports, forecasts, briefings, consumer research and bespoke consulting services provide clients with a complete picture of the UK and international retail arena, helping retailers, manufacturers, service suppliers, city analysts and consultants to fully exploit opportunities within the sector. View more research from Verdict Research at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1005
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.