2013-03-12 14:28:54 - Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "United Arab Emirates Freight Transport Report Q2 2013", is now available at Fast Market Research
The UAE is expected to continue to see strong growth in 2013, across all of its freight modes. The country is rapidly developing one of the world's top logistics markets through investments in ports, airports, rail and free trade zones. These are utilised by the country's air freight and logistics companies, which are becoming a familiar presence throughout the world, serving the globe from their UAE hubs.
Headline Industry Data
* 2013 Jebel Ali and Port Rashid total tonnage throughput growth forecast at 5.7% and to average 4.8% per annum to 2017.
* 2013 air freight tonnes through Dubai airport forecast to grow by 6.8% and to average 6.1% to 2017.
* The UAE's total trade real growth in 2013 forecast
to be 7.0% and to average 5.7% over the medium term to 2017.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/552249_united_arab_emirates_freight_transpor ..
Key Industry Trends
Rail Network In Demand: BMI believes that the rail network under development in the UAE, and the wider GCC, will give a boost to freight transport in the region, enabling more efficient transport of goods through integration with industrial zones, mines and ports, and releasing capacity on the road network. The fact that customers are signing up to use the rail network before it is even completed is evidence of the need for this mode of transport in the UAE.
UAE Logistics Market Valued at US$9bn In 2012: The UAE logistics market is estimated to be worth US$9bn in 2012. This would make it the most valuable market within the six members of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC). The logistics market of the GCC, which is comprised of Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the UAE, is valued at US$27bn. Analysts expect the entire Middle Eastern market to grow at an annual rate of 10% in 2012 to US$35bn. The Jebel Ali Free Zone in Dubai highlighted the opportunities available to the logistics industry within the region at its annual logistics strategic customer forum.
Etihad Cargo Posts 21.2% Increase In Revenue: Abu Dhabi-based Etihad Cargo registered a record 21.2% year-on-year (y-o-y) increase in revenue to US$65.8mn in November, compared with US$54.3mn in the year-ago period. Etihad Cargo handled 32,633 tonnes of freight in the reported period, compared with 27,628 tonnes in November 2011, up by 18.2% y-o-y. The rise was attributed to strong sales out of Southern China and strong growth out of Europe and South East Asia.
Key Risks To Outlook
Key risks to our outlook for the UAE's freight sector come from the continued sovereign debt crisis in the eurozone, a major trade partner, and the continued political unrest in the Middle East, though we do not believe significant disturbance will take place in the UAE. We have recently upgraded our 2013 growth outlook for the US and China; both of these revisions lend upside risk to our UAE outlook.
On the other hand, were Iran to follow through its threats to close the Strait of Hormuz to global shipping, then there would be considerable downside risk to those UAE ports on the Gulf, and upside risk to the Sharjar terminal of Khorfakkan, which lies outside the strait on the Arabian Sea. BMI's core view is that this remains unlikely.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Freight Transport
- Business Environment
- Air Freight Taking Off
- Table: Air Freight, 2010-2017
- Ports World Leaders
- Table: Maritime Freight, 2010-2017
- Table: Trade Overview, 2010-2017
- Table: Key Trade Indicators, 2010-2017
- Table: The UAE's Main Import Partners
- Table: The UAE's Main Export Partners
Industry Trends And Developments
- Air Freight
- Rail Freight
- Logistics And Road Haulage
- Maritime Freight
- Etihad Crystal Cargo
- Emirates SkyCargo
- United Arab Shipping Company (UASC)
- Abu Dhabi National Tanker Company (ADNATCO)
- Gulf Energy Maritime
- Gulf Navigation Holding
- Political Outlook
- Domestic Politics
- Table: UAE - Politics Table
- Long-Term Political Outlook
Global Industry Overview
- Global Oil Products Price Outlook
- Table: BMI's Oil Price Forecasts, Average Price (US$/bbl)
- Table: BMI's Refined Products Forecasts
- Refiners: Is The Party Over?
- Jet Fuel: Middle East & Africa Remain Positive As Global Air Traffic Slumps
- Table: Total Air Freight & Passenger Volumes
- Gasoline And Diesel: Demand Destruction Takes A Toll
- Naphtha: Asia Stays Afloat While Europe Sinks
- Bunker Fuels: Trans-Pacific Route Rebound Amid High Prices
- Household Consumption Outlook
- Fixed Investment Outlook
- Government Consumption Outlook
- Net Export Outlook
- Table: United Arab Emirates Long-Term Macroeconomic Forecasts
- Table: nited Arab Emirates' Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: United Arab Emirates' Population By Age Group, 1990-2020
- Table: United Arab Emirates' Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: United Arab Emirates' Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- How We Generate Our Industry Forecasts
- Transport Industry
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.