2013-12-10 13:28:52 - Fast Market Research recommends "United Arab Emirates Freight Transport Report Q1 2014" from Business Monitor International, now available
The UAE is expected to continue to see strong growth in 2014, across all of its freight modes. The country is rapidly developing one of the world's top logistics markets through investments in ports, airports, rail and free trade zones. These are utilised by the country's air freight and logistics companies, which are becoming a familiar presence throughout the world, serving the globe from their UAE hubs.
Headline Industry Data
* 2014 Jebel Ali and Port Rashid total tonnage throughput growth forecast at 5.4% and to average 4.5% per annum to 2018.
* 2014 air freight tonnes through Dubai International Airport forecast to grow by 7.1% and to average 6.0% to 2018.
* The UAE's total trade real growth in 2013
forecast to be 6.9% and to average 5.3% over the medium term to 2017.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/723523_united_arab_emirates_freight_transpor ..
Key Industry Trends
SkyCargo Move To Boost Al-Maktoum Handling: BMI believes that the UAE air freight sector, and in particular that of Dubai, is set to continue upon its impressive growth trajectory over the coming years as it continues to invest in new facilities and its domestic carrier, Emirates SkyCargo. The carrier's new terminal at the Al-Maktoum International Airport at the Dubai World Central DWC 'aerotropolis', which houses logistics warehousing also, is set to be completed this year, offering upside potential to the country's air freight volume growth.
Etihad Rail Deals Increase As Firms Seek Exposure To UAE Network: Etihad Rail's memorandum of understanding (MoU) with National Air Cargo is part of a broader trend we are witnessing of companies looking to gain access to the UAE's developing rail sector. Etihad Rail has signed 11 MoUs over the past year with a range of companies that wish to utilise the UAE's newest freight option, rail.
GEFCO Deal Gives Hyundai Options: Hyundai Motor has reached a deal with logistics provider GEFCO, to handle the carmaker's transportation and distribution operations in Dubai for 12,000 cars a year. While the deal will give Hyundai a solid re-export hub for the region, BMI believes one of the most significant features of the deal is a new route to Iraq, where the company's sales have been curtailed by the war in Syria, which has cut off its main trade route.
Key Risks To Outlook
Key risks to our outlook for the UAE's freight sector come from the continued sovereign debt crisis in the eurozone, a major trade partner, and the continued political unrest in the Middle East, though we do not believe significant disturbance will take place in the UAE.
On the other hand, were Iran to follow through its threats to close the Strait of Hormuz to global shipping, then there would be considerable downside risk to those UAE ports on the Gulf, and upside risk to the Sharjar terminal of Khorfakkan, which lies outside the strait on the Arabian Sea. BMI's core view is that this remains unlikely. Equally, should international rapprochement with Iran result in sanctions against the country being lifted, then UAE ports and the freight transport network could receive a boost.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Freight Transport
- Business Environment
- Air Freight Taking Off
- Table: Air Freight, 2011-2018
- Ports World Leaders
- Table: Maritime Freight, 2011-2018
- Table: Trade Overview, 2011-2018
- Table: Key Trade Indicators, 2011-2018
- Table: The UAE's Main Import Partners
- Table: The UAE's Main Export Partners
Industry Trends And Developments
- Air Freight
- Rail Freight
- Logistics And Road Haulage
- Maritime Freight
- Etihad Crystal Cargo
- Emirates SkyCargo
- United Arab Shipping Company (UASC)
- Abu Dhabi National Tanker Company (ADNATCO)
- Gulf Energy Maritime
- Gulf Navigation Holding
- Political Risk Analysis
- Some Risks Remain
- Table: UAE - Political Overview
- Long-Term Political Outlook
Oil Price Outlook
- Global Oil Products Price Outlook
- Crude Price Forecasts
- Table: BMI's Oil Price Forecasts, Average Price (US$/bbl)
- Variance Across Product Markets
- Narrower US Market Crude-Product Spreads
- Weak Demand Persists
- Risks To Outlook
- Table: BMI's Refined Products Forecasts, US$/bbl
- Supply: Supported By Global Refining Capacity
- Naphtha: US Gas Hits Demand
- Gasoline And Gasoil/Diesel: Subsidies & Fuel Efficiency Cap Upward Movement
- Jet Fuel: Limited Upward Movement
- Table: Total Air Freight And Passenger Volumes
- Bunker Fuels: Sulphur Control To Hit Rotterdam Hardest
- Household Consumption: Improving Steadily
- Government Consumption: Keeping A Lid on Growth
- Fixed Investment: Numerous Projects To Drive Growth
- Net Exports: Slowdown In Place
- Table: United Arab Emirates' Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: United Arab Emirates' Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: United Arab Emirates' Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: United Arab Emirates' Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- Industry Forecast Methodology
- Sector-Specific Methodology
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.