2013-12-09 11:41:42 - New Consumer Goods market report from Business Monitor International: "United States Tourism Report Q1 2014"
The US Tourism Report examines the long-term potential offered by the tourism industry, but highlights that the weakness of the European economies may put downward pressure on arrivals in the short term. In 2013 we forecast arrivals to reach 57.5mn, and to rise to 68.4mn by 2017.
As expected, arrivals from Europe have been sluggish so far in 2013, reflecting weak economic growth in this region. Of the eight European countries in the top 20 nationalities visiting the US, only two (Italy and Sweden) registered growth in the first four months of the year, albeit of only 0.6% year-on-year (y-o-y) each. On the other hand, arrivals from Latin America (excluding Mexico) were up strongly, with high arrivals growth from Brazil (18%),
Argentina (19.8%), Venezuela (25.7%) and Colombia (29.1%). This indicates that Latin America will be an expanding source market for US tourism over the medium term, in line with our forecast for arrivals from Latin America to total almost 40mn by 2017.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/752070_united_states_tourism_report_q1_2014. ..
* BMI has raised its forecast for hotels and establishments growth over the forecast period. We are now forecasting hotels and establishments to total 55,570 by 2017, up from 52,530 in 2012.
* Arrivals from Europe will remain sluggish in 2013, growing by only 1.20%, down from 3.44% in 2012. We expect this trend to continue into 2014, when we are forecasting 1.54% growth.
* BMI has raised its forecast for air transport passengers over the forecast period, targeting passengers to reach 799.02mn by 2017, up from 736.62mn in 2012.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Business Environment
- Inbound Tourism
- Table: US Inbound Tourism, 2010-2017 ('000)
- Table: Top 10 Inbound Tourism Markets, 2010-2017 ('000)
- Outbound Tourism
- Table: US Outbound Tourism, 2010-2017 ('000, unless otherwise stated)
- Table: Outbound Tourism, Top Destinations By Departures, 2010-2017 ('000)
- Table: US International Tourism Receipts For Transport And Travel, 2010-2017
- Table: US Breakdown Of Methods Of Tourist Travel, 2010-2017
- Table: US Hotel Accommodation, 2010-2017
- Table: US Hotels And Restaurants Value, 2010-2017
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Tourism Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: Americas Tourism Risk/Reward Ratings
- Security Ratings
- Table: Developed States Regional Security Ratings
- Table: Developed States Vulnerability To Terrorism Index
- Table: Global Hotel Group Presence in US
- Table: Recent And Current US Airport Projects
- Marriott International
- Wyndham Hotel Group
Global Industry Overview
- Table: Global Overnight Stays And Average Length Of Stay, 2010-2017
- Table: Hotel Indicators, 2010-2017
- Table: Global Assumptions, 2012-2018
- Table: Global And Regional Real GDP Growth, 2012-2015 (% change y-o-y)
- Developed States
- Table: Developed States, Real GDP Growth Forecasts, 2012-2015
- Emerging Markets
- Table: Emerging Markets, Real GDP Growth Forecasts, 2012-2015
- Table: BMI Versus Bloomberg Consensus Real GDP Growth Forecasts, 2013 And 2014 (%)
- Demographic Outlook
- Table: The United States' Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: The United States' Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: The United States' Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: The United States' Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- Industry Forecast Methodology
- Risk/Reward Ratings Methodology
- Table: Weighting Of Indicators
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.