2013-02-15 11:54:09 - Fast Market Research recommends "Arcadia | Verdict Company Briefing" from Verdict Research, now available
Arcadia’s total group sales were virtually flat in the year to August 2012 at £2,678.0m. However, there was a big contrast between the performance of UK retail (excluding online) l-f-ls, down 3.2%, and e-commerce sales, up 20.0% in the UK. This Verdict company briefing includes estimated sales data and market shares for Arcadia's total clothing, womenswear, menswear, childrenswear and accessories.
Scope of this Report
* Justify and inform development of having an international presence by uncovering Arcadia's challenges and opportunities in the markets it operates in.
* Benchmark Arcadia's performance in clothing by using forecast sales mixes for 2013 across womenswear, menswear, childrenswear and accessories.
* Compare your allocation of space with Arcadia's womenswear fascias by uncovering Verdict's data on the
space dedicated to over 10 product categories.
* Understand how Arcadia has entered new markets by uncovering its international presence and its plans for the future.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/538273_arcadia_|_verdict_company_briefing.as ..
Taking brands upmarket to sidestep competition can improve differentiation, but doing so with the likes of Dorothy Perkins and Burton would not be easy. We expect Arcadia to put further emphasis on cost cutting and margin gains in the UK to make up for the loss of sales that the less successful brands in its line-up are experiencing.
Miss Selfridge is edging towards Topshop, being more fashion forward and prices stretching upwards, so it needs to be careful to ensure it covers the ground between value operators like Primark, as well as lower middle market player New Look, and Topshop, otherwise it risks creating a gap in the market for a competitor to take advantage of.
We believe Topman still has an unexploited opportunity for more design led tailoring, as consumer demands for this product increase. So far in the mass market only Zara has really started to introduce styling to formal wear, making it an ideal area of focus for Topman.
Reasons to Get this Report
* How has the incorporation of BHS impacted Arcadia's overall performance over the last three years, and how has the retailer dealt with this?
* Which clothing sectors offer Arcadia the most growth potential and which brands could do with more attention than others and why?
* How should Arcadia differentiate its clothing offer across its fascias and compete with growing rivals like Primark, Inditex and H&M?
* Which areas of the business is Arcadia investing in and how will it fund international growth going forward?
Report Table of Contents:
* Sale of Topshop and Topman stake gives cash to expand;
* US business builds from small base;
* Franchising grows but profit upside limited;
* UK core suffers as high street polarises;
* Profits recover and joint sourcing may boost them further.
* Verdict outlook
* Global expansion to compensate for UK downsizing
* Recent key events
* New injection of funds will support international ambitions
* Margin improves despite topline stagnation
* International markets will push return to group growth
* Sector performance – UK clothing
* Clothing sales stagnate in UK
* Market shares
* Space allocation
* Verdict company briefing
* Financial information
* Market size calculation
* Sales density calculation
* Further reading
* Ask the analyst
* Table: Arcadia company information 2013
* Table: Arcadia recent international development up to January 2013
* Table: BHS retail proposition 2013
* Table: Burton retail proposition 2013
* Table: Topman retail proposition 2013
* Table: Dorothy Perkins retail proposition 2013
* Table: Evans retail proposition 2013
* Table: Miss Selfridge retail proposition 2013
* Table: Topshop retail proposition 2013
* Table: Wallis retail proposition 2013
* Table: Arcadia global key operating statistics 2008–13e
* Table: Arcadia UK key operating statistics 2008–13e
* Table: Arcadia trading record 2003–13e
* Table: Arcadia global & UK store portfolio 2003–13e
* Table: Arcadia global store numbers by brand 2003–13e
* Figure: Arcadia selected retail brands under Outfit 2013
* Figure: Clements Ribeiro collection 2012
* Figure: Arcadia group sales and growth to August 2008–13e
* Figure: Arcadia group operating profit to August 2007–12e
* Figure: Arcadia UK clothing sales mix 2013e
* Figure: Arcadia UK clothing sales (ex VAT) to August 2008 – 13e
* Figure: Arcadia UK clothing sales densities (ex VAT) to August 2008–13e
* Figure: Arcadia UK clothing market shares for calendar years 2008–13e
* Figure: BHS UK clothing space breakdown 2011
* Figure: Dorothy Perkins womenswear space breakdown 2011
* Figure: Evans womenswear space breakdown 2011
* Figure: Miss Selfridge womenswear space breakdown 2011
* Figure: Topshop womenswear space breakdown 2011
About Verdict Group
With over 20 years' experience, Verdict Research is the UK?s leading authority on retailing, and publishes unrivalled independent analysis. Verdict reports, forecasts, briefings, consumer research and bespoke consulting services provide clients with a complete picture of the UK and international retail arena, helping retailers, manufacturers, service suppliers, city analysts and consultants to fully exploit opportunities within the sector. View more research from Verdict Research at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1005
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.