2013-12-02 14:25:08 - Fast Market Research recommends "Bosnia-Herzegovina Telecommunications Report Q1 2014" from Business Monitor International, now available
After a slow start to 2013, Bosnia's mobile market recovered in Q213, albeit with a marginal growth, to confirm our view of continued subscriptions growth on the back of regulatory measures aimed at boosting competition. We therefore retain our five-year growth forecast for the mobile sector, but caution regular inactive SIM discounting poses a downside risk to our outlook. The fixed-line market is benefiting from intense competition between the incumbent operators and alternative players. This is driving down prices and sustaining growth, especially in the broadband sector, despite increasing take-up of mobile voice and data services. As subscription growth slows across all services as a result of market saturation, we expect operators to ramp up high-value offerings such as multiplay
services to boost value growth.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/723422_bosniaherzegovina_telecommunications_ ..
* The mobile market grew by 0.4% q-o-q in Q213 to partially offset a decline of 2.8% in the previous quarter.
* Data from the regulator, CRA, showed Bosnia's fixed-line market to have declined faster in 2012 compared to 2011, with the rate of decline accelerating to 9.8% from 4.5% in 2011.
* We estimate a total of 601,000 broadband subscriptions at end-2012, up 14.7% y-o-y.
Key Trends & Developments
BH Telecom is planning to make acquisitions in the domestic market, according to the company's director Nedzad Residbegovic. BH Telecom is planning to acquire smaller players in the market partly to secure new revenue sources as well as to consolidate its position as the leading operator in the country amid reports that Hrvatski Telekom intends to buy Telekom Slovenije.
There is growing interest in the LTE technology among Bosnia's leading mobile operators. We believe this is related to the strong uptake of 3G services and the need to extend data services to areas not yet covered by fixed network infrastructure. Telekom Srpske and BH Telecom are leading the race to roll out 4G services. The former announced that it successfully tested its 4G technology initiative in live conditions in May 2013 using equipment supplied by Chinese vendor ZTE. For its part, BH Telecom and Ericsson Nikola Tesla signed an agreement to launch an LTE pilot in August. During the test period, all users within the test zone will be able to access the network with a wide range of data-enabled devices, including smartphones and tablets. The date for the commercial launch of the network would depend on the completion of the installation of base stations as well as the successful completion of the trial.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Executive Summary
- Business Environment
- Table: Telecoms Sector - Mobile - Historical Data & Forecasts
- Table: Bosnian Telecoms Sector - Mobile ARPU
- Fixed Line
- Table: Industry Forecast - Fixed Line
- Table: Industry Forecast - Internet
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Central And Eastern Europe Risk/Reward Ratings
- Industry Rewards
- Country Rewards
- Industry Risks
- Country Risks
- Table: Central And Eastern Europe Telecoms Risk/Rewards Ratings, Q114
- Regional Overview
- Table: Regional Comparison, 2012
- Key Developments
- Mobile Growth
- Market Share
- Subscriber Mix
- Mobile Content
- Mobile Operator Data
- Table: Bosnia & Herzegovina Mobile Market Overview
- Table: Mobilne Srpske
- Table: HT Mostar
- Table: HT Mostar
- CEE Mobile Content
- Fixed Line
- Table: Bosnia & Herzegovina's Fixed-Line Operators
- Table: Wireline Developments, 2009-2011
Industry Trends And Developments
- Table: Selected Developments
- Table: Bosnia & Herzegovina: Regulatory Bodies And Their Responsibilities
- Table: Key Players
- Table: Selected Operators' Financial Indicators
- BH Telecom
- Financial Results
- Table: Bosnia & Herzegovina's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: Bosnia & Herzegovina's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: Bosnia & Herzegovina's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: Bosnia & Herzegovina's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- Table: Glossary Of Terms
- Industry Forecast Methodology
- Risk/Reward Ratings Methodology
- Table: Risk/Reward Ratings Indicators
- Table: Weighting Of Indicators
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.