2013-09-15 09:26:15 - New Defense market report from Business Monitor International: "Brazil Defence & Security Report Q4 2013"
BMI's Brazil Defence & Security Report for Q4 2013 examines the country's internal and external security. In addition, it discusses the machinery of defence decision-making at the political and military levels. A comprehensive order of battle of all the Brazilian armed services is included in the report, which also includes up-to-date information regarding current and future defence procurement programmes. Furthermore, the report analyses Brazil's defence and aerospace industry and its performance in both the domestic and international arenas.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/670990_brazil_defence_security_report_q4_201 ..
Ultimately, the report argues that Brazil has a long-term aspiration to become a major player in the global defence industry. It also observes that Brazil is playing an increasingly important role vis-a-vis security both domestically and across
the wider region; most notably this has displayed itself via its participation in international peacekeeping missions. Finally, the Brazilian armed forces are wedded to a long-term programme of defence modernisation. This is focused on the replacement of obsolete platforms and capabilities with new domestically produced and imported equipment.
Long term, Brazil sees itself as a global player both in terms of defence materiel provision and in terms of operational participation. This is a trend that is unlikely to change over the next decade.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Brazil Security SWOT
- Brazil Defence SWOT
- Business Environment
- Defence Expenditure
- Table: Brazil Defence Expenditure 2010-2017
- Table: Expenditure Scenario: Changing % Of Gov Expenditure (US$mn)
- Armed Forces
- Table: Brazil Armed Forces ('000 personnel, unless otherwise stated)
- Table: Manpower Available For Military Service, 2010-2017 (aged 16-49 unless otherwise stated)
- Defence Trade
- Table: Brazil Defence Trade Balance (US$mn)
- Table: Brazil Defence Exports (US$mn)
- Table: Defence Imports (US$mn)
- Economic Analysis
- Table: Brazil - Economic Activity
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Latin America Risk Reward Ratings
- Table: Latin America Regional Security Ratings
- Table: Latin America State Vulnerability To Terrorism Index
- Brazil Security Ratings
- Brazil Defence Market Overview
- Armed Forces
- Government Spending
- Industry Trends and Developments
- Weapons of Mass Destruction
- Arms Trade Overview
- Brazil Security Overview
- Domestic Threats
- Regional Threats
- International Threats
- AVIBRAS Industria Aerospacial SA
- Americas Security Overview
Global Industry Overview
- Global Political Outlook
- Defence Industry
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.