2013-03-02 15:35:38 - New Consumer Goods research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
This quarter BMI has revised and restructured its tourism reports, incorporating a greater range of data and focusing on the hotel industry, the value of the tourism industry itself, and the impact of macroeconomic factors.
The India Tourism report examines the trends in inbound and outbound tourism forecasts up to 2017 as well as the long term investment potential of tourism industries in India. A fast growing economy, burgeoning affluent middle class and a broad variety of consistently popular tourist attractions means BMI expects to see substantial growth across a range of indicators including arrivals, departures, number of hotels and tourism receipts.
Full Report Details at
Following the Commonwealth games in 2010, which saw extensive investment in tourism related infrastructure,
the government continues to focus on development of the rail and air transport networks. Although the domestic air travel industry has been beset with issues in 2011 and 2012, including problems caused by fluctuating oil prices, we forecast overall growth in air travel as the domestic market grows and the remit of domestic airlines expands.
India already has an extensive rail network, however this network frequently suffers from overcrowding and lack of adequate facilities which could impact on its growth potential. A program of extensions and expansions planned and underway is starting to address this problem, and with continued investment substantial improvements should be realised.
Security concerns with neighbouring Pakistan could impact on tourism, particularly in the wake of the Mumbai hotel attacks in 2008, led by terrorist groups based across the border in Pakistan. India itself is a generally stable democracy, with a large labour resource pool, excellent natural resources and strong international market links.
India continues to remain a popular tourist destination, with an increasing number of high-end, luxury travellers. As such, many of the top ten global hotel chains are seeking to expand their presence in the country with both city centre hotels and resorts. The country offers a wide variety of destinations, from tiger treks in rural jungles to pristine beaches and modern metropolises. While we expect to see the continuing impact of the global credit crunch on long distance travel to the country from Europe and the United States overall we expect to see an increase in travel from all regions. India will also benefit from hosting the 2020 World Cup in cricket in 2016.
Recent events and changes in BMI forecasts include:
* Major hotel chains continue to expand their presence in India. Hyatt aims to open five new hotels by March 2013 and Hilton will be expanding into the luxury market, opening its first resort, the Hilton Shillim Estate Retreat and Spa offering 99 villas set in 70 acres, in 2013. Starwood expects to open between 6 and 8 new hotels in 2013 aiming to have 100 hotels under different stages of development by 2015.
* Large scale investment in transport infrastructure will be seen in 2013 with the development of the international airport at Navi Mumbai, expansion of Indira Gandhi International Airport and Cochin International Airport, as well as many other projects.
* Outbound travel is expected to continue to increase by an average of 13% a year to reach over 20mn per year by 2017, almost double the 2012 figure of 10.8mn. Inbound tourism is also expected to increase, though by a smaller average rate of 3.5%
* This quarter BMI awarded India an overall Tourism Industry Risk/Reward rating of 48, putting it behind Sri Lanka and Cambodia and ahead of Laos and Indonesia.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Business Environment
- Inbound Tourism
- Table: India Inbound Tourism, 2010-2017
- Table: India Inbound Tourism, Top 10 markets by arrivals, 2010-2017
- Outbound Tourism
- Table: India Outbound Tourism, 2010-2017
- Table: India Outbound Tourism, Top 10 destinations be departures, 2010-2017
- Table: India International Tourism Receipts for Transport and Travel, 2010-2017
- Table: India Breakdown of Methods of Tourist Travel, 2010-2017
- Table: India Domestic Hotels and Restaurants Industry Value, 2010-2017
- Table: India Hotel Accommodation, 2010-2017
- Economic Outlook
- Positive Implications For Reform
- Staying Above Consensus
- Table: India - GDP by Expenditure, Current Prices Breakdown
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Table: Asia Tourism Risk Reward Ratings
- India Risk and Rewards
- Security Risk Analysis
- Table: Table: Asia Pacific Regional Security Ratings
- India's Security Ratings
- Table: India Key Infrastructure Development Projects
- Table: India Top 10 Global Hotel Groups
- Taj Hotels
Global Industry Overview
- Table: Global Tourism Indicators, International Tourist Arrivals, 2009-2017
- Table: global tourism indicators, hotel and establishment units, 2009-2017
- Table: Global Sporting Calendar, 2013-2022
- Global Macroeconomic Assumptions
- Table: Global Assumptions
- Table: Global & Regional Real GDP Growth, % chg y-o-y
- Table: Developed States, Real GDP Growth Forecasts
- Table: Emerging Markets, Real GDP Growth Forecasts
- Table: BMI VERSUS BLOOMBERG CONSENSUS REAL GDP GROWTH FORECASTS (%)
- Global Asset Class Strategy
- Macro Outlook
- Fixed Income
- Table: India's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: India's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: India's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: India's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.