2013-03-03 10:54:43 - Fast Market Research recommends "Indonesia Infrastructure Report Q2 2013" from Business Monitor International, now available
BMI View: We are cautiously optimistic about the outlook for Indonesia's construction sector in 2013 and have maintained our real growth forecasts of 7.2% for the year. Besides favourable macroeconomic fundamentals, we expect conducive monetary conditions, increased government expenditure and the approval of a new land acquisition bill to drive construction activity in 2013. That said, this construction growth of 7.2% is still a slowdown from the estimated growth seen in 2012 (7.6%). Several downside factors (i.e. deepening deficit, bottlenecks in project execution and the 2014 presidential elections) continue to prevent the sector from maximising its growth potential.
The key factors that will facilitate growth are:
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/541213_indonesia_infrastructure_report_q2_20 ..
* In November 2012, Indonesia announced that it is
prepared to offer 14 infrastructure projects worth a combined US$6.1bn to the private sector in 2013. According to Bappenas, the feasibility studies, bidding documents and land for these projects were already available and scheduled to undergo their tendering process in mid-2013. These projects are to be offered under a public-private partnership (PPP) framework and consist mainly of railway, power and water supply projects.
* In December 2012, Indonesia's finance ministry announced that it is planning to borrow IDR1trn (US $103.5mn) through the issuance of sukuk bonds to fund state projects, such as the construction of a 126km double-track railway from Cirebon to Kroya in West Java, valued at IDR1.5trn (US $155.3mn). However, the projects that will be eligible will be decided by the finance ministry.
* In December 2012, the Indonesian government approved the environment impact assessment (EIA) done by Indonesian state-owned port operator Pelabuhan Indonesia II (Pelindo II) for the construction of the Kalibaru port, an expansion of the Tanjung Priok port. The government approval for the EIA means that Pelindo II could start construction works on the Kalibaru port in 2013.
* In January 2013, the Indonesian transportation ministry signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with six provincial governments from Sulawesi on the construction of a 2,000km integrated railway network in Sulawesi. The project will entail a total cost of about IDR50trn (US$5.2bn). Construction work is likely to start in 2013, with the project scheduled to be carried out under a PPP scheme.
* In January 2013, Adhi Karya had withdrawn from the Jakarta Semanggi-Kuningan monorail construction project. This withdrawal came about after Jakarta's new governor Joko Widodo asked Adhi Karya to team up with Jakarta Monorail (JM) to develop the project, a proposal rejected by Adhi Karya. Adhi Karya is now proposing to build a 90.65km monorail project that links East Bekasi in West Java to Cibubur and Cawang in East Jakarta.
Partial Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Construction And Infrastructure Forecast Scenario
- Table: Indonesia Construction And Infrastructure Industry Data, 2011 - 2016
- Table: Indonesia Construction And Infrastructure Long Term Forecast, 2017 - 2022
- Dampened By Pertinent Risks
- Transport Infrastructure - Outlook And Overview
- Table: Indonesia Transport Infrastructure Industry Data, 2011 - 2016
- Table: Indonesia Transport Infrastructure Long Term Forecast, 2017 - 2022
- Table: Competitiveness Of Indonesia's Infrastructure
- Table: Bakrie Toll Road - Toll Roads Affected By Land Acquisition
- Table: Major Projects - Transport
- Energy And Utilities Infrastructure - Outlook And Overview
- Table: Indonesia Energy and Utilities Infrastructure Industry Data, 2011 - 2016
- Table: Indonesia Energy and Utilities Infrastructure Long Term Forecast, 2017 - 2022
- Table: Major Projects - Energy and Utilities
- Residential/Non-Residential Construction - Outlook And Overview
- Table: Indonesia Residential and Non-residential Building Industry Data, 2011-2016
- Table: Indonesia Residential and Non-residential Building Long Term Forecast, 2015-2022
- Table: Major Projects - Residential / Non - Residential Construction And Social Infrastructure
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Indonesia Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Asia Infrastructure Risk Reward Ratings
- Giants Of Asia: Rewards Sizeable, Risks Sizeable
- South East Asia: Large Pipelines, Loose Monetary Policy
- Nearly Developed Markets: Economic Slowdown Takes A Toll
- Table: Asia Infrastructure Business Environment Ratings
- Table: Summary Of Public Private Partnerships Projects, By Sector, US$mn
- Table: Indonesia-PPP Infrastructure Projects To Be Offered In 2013
- Competitive Landscape
- Table: EQS Data
- PT Adhi Karya
- PT Wijaya Karya
- PT Jasa Marga
Global Industry Overview
- Europe, Middle East and Africa
- Dubai Confidence Up, Mega-Spending Status Quo In The Region
- Low Yields Push Capital Further Into Infrastructure
- Turkey Shines As South Africa and Poland Struggle To Recover
- Natural Resource Boom Drives SSA Infrastructure Investment
- Latin America
Full Table of Contents is available at:
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.