Fast Market Research recommends "Life Insurance in Egypt, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017" from Timetric, now available
PR-Inside.com: 2014-03-12 16:02:11
The political revolution that began in 2011 continues to suppress the Egyptian economy. GDP growth declined from 5.1% in 2010 to 1.8% in 2011. The economy is struggling with reductions in foreign direct investment, inflation and high unemployment. Revenues from tourism were negatively affected by the political upheaval, while the Egyptian insurance industry maintained growth. The country's life insurance segment, which accounted for 46.5% of the insurance industry's gross written premium, expanded at a CAGR of 8.1% during the review period (2008-2012). The written premium of the segment valued EGP4.5 billion (US$0.7 billion) in 2012. In 2012, individual life insurance accounted for the highest share of the life segment with 41.6%, followed by pensions with 21.6%. The increasing population and rising awareness at times of uncertain political and economic conditions supported the growth. The segment is highly concentrated, with the five leading life insurers accounting for 99.1% of the total gross written premium in 2012.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/778294_life_insurance_in_egypt_key_trends_an ..
* The Egyptian life segment accounted for 46.5% of the total industry's gross written premium in 2012.
* Individual life and pension products were the leading life insurance product category during the review period.
* Traditional channels such as brokers and agencies dominated the distribution landscape and accounted for 89% of the total commission paid in 2012.
* The life segment is highly concentrated, with the country's leading 10 life insurers accounting for a combined 99.1% share of the segment's total net written premium value in 2012.
* As of 2012, the life segment comprised 13 companies, of which 10 were domestic insurers and three were the branch offices of foreign insurers.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the life insurance segment in Egypt:
* It provides historical values for the Egyptian life insurance segment for the report's 2008-2012 review period and forecast figures for the 2012-2017 forecast period.
* It offers a detailed analysis of the key categories in the Egyptian life insurance segment, along with market forecasts until 2017.
* It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions.
* It analyses the various distribution channels for life insurance products in Egypt.
* Using Porter's industry-standard "Five Forces" analysis, it details the competitive landscape in Egypt for the life insurance business.
* It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance segment in Egypt and its growth prospects.
* It profiles the top life insurance companies in Egypt and outlines the key regulations affecting them.
Reasons to Get this Report
* Make strategic business decisions using in-depth historic and forecast market data related to the Egyptian life insurance segment and each category within it.
* Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities within the Egyptian life insurance segment.
* Assess the competitive dynamics in the life insurance segment, along with the reinsurance segment.
* Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key product categories.
* Gain insights into key regulations governing the Egyptian insurance industry and its impact on companies and the market's future.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Egypt Life Insurance, Allianz Life Insurance, Pharaonic American Life Insurance Company, Commercial International Life Insurance Co., Suez Canal Insurance Company, NSGB Life Insurance, Delta Insurance Co., ACE Life Insurance Company, Mohandes Ins. Co., Egyptian Takaful Life Insurance Company
Timetric is an independent economic and business research firm providing critical intelligence on emerging economies and key global industries. They provide detailed economic and sector intelligence, business insights and authoritative, independent commentary. View more research from Timetric at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1037
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.