2013-12-11 09:06:13 - Recently published research from GlobalData, "MediPoint: Drug-Eluting Balloons - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts", is now available at Fast Market Research
GlobalData has released its medical devices report, "MediPoint: Drug-Eluting Balloons - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts". The report is an essential source of information and analysis on the global drug-eluting balloons (DEB) market. The report provides in-depth insight into the use of DEB for coronary and peripheral applications in the lower extremity including in-stent restenosis, bifurcation lesions, small vessel disease, femoropopliteal artery and below-the-knee lesions, chronic total occlusions, acute myocardial infarction and lesions in diabetics.
The DEB market in the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, Brazil, China and India was assessed to identify and determine whether the current unmet needs are addressed, understand the challenges of DEB angioplasty and evaluate the current and future adoption of DEB for select
coronary and peripheral indications.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/752858_medipoint_drugeluting_balloons_global ..
Clients can use this report to better understand the scope of this technology and for strategic planning to explore opportunities in this dynamic market. The report also provides insights into the competitive landscape, the marketed and pipeline DEB products, the current and emerging players and comparative market analysis of different types of interventional techniques used to treat coronary and peripheral artery disease. It quantifies the unmet need in the global DEB market as well as in the individual markets of the US, the five major countries in the European Union, Japan, Brazil, China and India, highlighting the opportunity for future players. This report is built using data and information sourced from secondary sources and primary research interviews and survey with leading Interventional Cardiologists and Interventional Radiologists, with in-house analysis conducted by GlobalData's team of industry experts.
Key Questions Answered
* What is the current perception and adoption of DEB for treating select coronary and peripheral indications, such as ISR, small vessel disease, bifurcations and peripheral arteries in the lower extremity?
* Bare metal and drug-eluting stents have been on the market for many years; however, unmet needs still exist with respect to patency, restenosis and the need for prolonged dual anti-platelet therapy. (Q).How will DEB fulfill the unmet needs of the vascular stent market for treating coronary and peripheral artery disease?
* What is the current and future adoption of DEB in the major markets? (Q).How will adoption of DEB affect the adoption of stents such as drug-eluting, bare metal and bioabsorbable stents?
* What are the challenges and complications of DEB angioplasty that have hindered widespread adoption?
* Currently, the majority of marketed DEB use the antiproliferative drug Paclitaxel. (Q).As the next-generation of DEB with limus-based antiproliferative drugs and innovative coating technologies receive approval, how will new entrants impact the DEB market for coronary and peripheral applications?
* (Q).What are the key factors and opportunities that will drive the DEB market in terms of future adoption rates leading to a mature market?
* An overview of coronary artery disease and peripheral artery disease in the lower extremity, which includes epidemiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment guidelines and modalities
* Annualized total drug-eluting balloon market revenue by type of disease, annual cost of disease and drug-eluting balloons adoption pattern and procedure data from 2010-2012 and forecast to 2019
* Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, identification of unmet needs, reimbursement and regulatory considerations, evaluating market access in each of the regions covered in the report, and implications of the drug-eluting balloon market
* Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different stages of development, emerging trends and DEB designs in development, including investigation of DEB coating technology, antiproliferative agent used, balloon and catheter design and durability
* Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global drug-eluting balloon market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, opportunities, restraints and challenges Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications
Reasons to Get this Report
* "What Do Physicians Think" quotes provide a unique insight into how healthcare professionals are reacting to events within the industry, and what their responses could mean for industry strategists. This information is essential for all strategic decision makers in every organization allowing them to act on high quality information.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Aachen Resonance, AnGes MG, AngioScore, AVIDAL Vascular, B. Braun, Biosensors International, Biotronik, Blue Medical, Boston Scientific Corporation, Caliber Therapeutics, Cardionovum, Concept Medical Research, Cook Medical, Covidien, C.R. Bard, Elixir Medical Corporation, Eurocor, LifeTech Scientific Corporation, Medtronic, Micell Technologies, Minvasys, TriReme Medical, Vascular Nanotransfer Technologies
GlobalData is a leading provider of global business intelligence including market, competitor, product and customer information. It provides in-depth research, analysis, data and forecasts through a range of interactive online databases, reports and management briefings. GlobalData has a large team of experienced research and analysis, consulting, and marketing experts. It has a global presence, including key offices in the US, Europe and Asia. The group has over 50 years of experience of delivering market intelligence data and analysis and a highly experienced senior management team. View more research from GlobalData at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1015
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.