2013-10-29 18:23:53 - Recently published research from Timetric, "Non-Life Insurance in Chile, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017", is now available at Fast Market Research
The Chilean non-life insurance segment recorded strong growth during the review period (2008-2012), supported by rising levels of disposable income, demand for property, and increasing motor insurance premiums. The segment is also expected to be driven by increased levels of risk awareness and preparation for risk avoidance among Chilean consumers. The nation's strong level of economic growth supported the demand for non-life products during the review period. Chile's GDP at constant prices grew at a review-period CAGR of 4.0% to reach a value of CLP109.5 trillion (US$129.8 billion) in 2012 and the non-life segment is expected to increase in line with this, from CLP1.9 trillion (US$3.9 billion) in 2012 to CLP3.0 trillion (US$6.1 billion) in 2017, at a forecast-period CAGR
of 9.5%. The total number of non-life insurance policies sold is expected to reach 12.9 million in 2017, after recording a forecast-period CAGR of 6.2%. Property insurance accounted for the largest share of the non-life segment in 2012, followed by motor insurance, a situation which is expected to continue over the forecast period.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/701522_nonlife_insurance_in_chile_key_trends ..
* The Chilean economy is one of the fastest-growing in South America, with GDP at constant prices growing at a review-period CAGR of 4.0%.
* The non-life segment represented 33.6% of the industry's written premiums in 2012.
* The value of the segment grew to reach CLP1.9 trillion (US$3.9 billion) in 2012, at a review-period CAGR of 17.0%.
* Property insurance was the largest category and accounted for 61.9% of the non-life segment's premiums in 2012
* The non-life segment is expected to be driven by government policies that liberalize the segment and encourage foreign companies to start operations in the country.
* Insurance brokers remain the key distribution channel for non-life insurers in Chile, accounting for 50.0% of the segment's written premiums generated in 2012.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the non-life insurance segment in Chile:
* It provides historical values for Chile's non-life insurance segment for the report's 2008-2012 review period and forecast figures for the 2012-2017 forecast period
* It offers a detailed analysis of the key sub-segments in Chile's non-life insurance segment, along with market forecasts until 2017
* It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions
* It analyses the various distribution channels for non-life insurance products in Chile
* Using Porter's industry-standard "Five Forces" analysis, it details the competitive landscape in Chile for the non-life insurance segment
* It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance segment in Chile and its growth prospects
* It profiles the top non-life insurance companies in Chile and outlines the key regulations affecting them
Reasons to Get this Report
* Make strategic business decisions using in depth historic and forecast market data related to Chile's non-life insurance segment and each category within it
* Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities within Chile's non-life insurance segment
* Assess the competitive dynamics in the non-life insurance segment, along with the reinsurance segment
* Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key product categories
* Gain insights into key regulations governing Chile's insurance industry and its impact on companies and the market's future
Companies Mentioned in this Report: RSA Seguros Chile Sa, Penta-Security, Mapfre, BCI, Liberty, Chilena Consolidada, Aseguradora Magallanes, Cardif, Ace, Zurich Santander
Timetric is an independent economic and business research firm providing critical intelligence on emerging economies and key global industries. They provide detailed economic and sector intelligence, business insights and authoritative, independent commentary. View more research from Timetric at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1037
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.