2013-06-26 10:14:36 - Fast Market Research recommends "Costa Rica Tourism Report Q3 2013" from Business Monitor International, now available
The Costa Rica tourism report examines the significant long-term potential currently being demonstrated by the local tourism industry, but flags concerns about the proliferation of drug-trafficking throughout Central America, which poses a challenge to Costa Rican authorities and could potentially deter tourism to the region. We also analyse the growth strategies being employed by the country to continue to attract arrivals, including airport and port expansions, as well as continued efforts to remain an eco-tourism destination.
Costa Rica is forecasting a strong year for tourist arrivals, with the National Institute of Tourism (ICT) predicting more than 2mn arrivals, in line with BMI's forecast for 2.4mn arrivals in 2013. The ICT is increasing its tourism marketing budget accordingly, allocating US$17mn in 2013,
a rise on 2012. In particular, the ICT will be focusing on promoting Costa Rica as an ecotourism destination, emphasising the various tours offered in the rainforest regions of the country.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/617029_costa_rica_tourism_report_q3_2013.asp ..
The ICT also aims to bolster arrivals through the construction of the country's first national convention centre, which is set to open in late 2014. The centre will have 15,000m2 of meeting space, as well as a 6,000m2 exhibition hall - the largest in the country. As well as attracting international conferences, the ICT also plans to use the venue as a location for cultural events showcasing the diversity of Costa Rican culture. This will complement smaller convention centres under construction by private companies, such as one currently under construction by the Intercontinental Hotels Group.
* BMI forecasts that inbound tourist arrivals will grow by 2.43% in 2013, to 2.4mn arrivals, while outbound departures will grow by 2.64% to 295.1mn.
. * BMI has revised its US$ calculations for hotels and industry value over the forecast period to reflect exchange rate fluctuations. US$ industry value will fall from US$1.66bn in 2012 to US$1.63bn in 2017. However, industry value will continue to rise in local currency terms, reaching CRC970.4bn in 2017 from CRC846.04bn in 2012.
* BMI forecasts that hotel growth will remain strong over the forecast period, reflecting the ongoing interest of international hotel groups in expanding in the country. The number of hotels in Costa Rica is forecast to rise to 2,770 by 2017, from 2,500 in 2012.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Inbound Tourism
- Table: Costa Rica Inbound Tourist Arrivals, 2010-2017
- Table: Inbound Tourism, Top 10 markets by arrivals, 2007-2017
- Outbound Tourism
- Table: Outbound Tourism, 2007-2017
- Table: Outbound Tourism Top 9 Destinations, 2010-2017
- Table: Costa Rica Tourism Receipts, 2010-2017
- Table: Travel Methods, 2010-2017
- Table: Hotels and Restaurants Industry Value. 2007-2017
- Table: Hotel Accommodation 2010-2017
- Economic Analysis
- Table: Key Infrastructure Projects
- Table: COSTA RICA - CURRENT ACCOUNT
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Tourism Risk Reward Ratings
- Table: Americas Tourism Risk Reward Ratings
- Security Risk Reward Ratings
- Table: Global Hotel Group Presence in Costa Rica
- Table: Costa Rica Transport Infrastructure Projects - Airports
- Grupo Barcelo
Global Industry Overview
- Table: Total Receipts By Country, 2012-2013, (US$bn)
- Table: Global Sporting Calendar, 2013-2022
- Table: Global Assumptions
- Table: Global And Regional Real GDP Growth, % chg y-o-y
- Developed States
- Table: Developed States, Real GDP Growth Forecasts
- Emerging Markets
- Table: Emerging Markets, Real GDP Growth Forecasts
- Table: BMI Versus Bloomberg Consensus Real GDP Growth Forecasts (%)
- Costa Rica
- Table: Costa Rica's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: Costa Rica's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: Costa Rica's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: Costa Rica's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- How We Generate Our Industry Forecasts
- Tourism Industry
- Tourism Ratings - Methodology
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.