2013-09-25 17:21:51 - New Transportation market report from Business Monitor International: "Czech Republic Freight Transport Report Q4 2013"
Following a year of declining volumes in all freight modes, 2013 will signal a return to growth across the whole freight transport sector.
Total trade is projected to continue to grow, with BMI's Country Risk team forecasting an annual increase of 2.78% in 2013, following growth of 3.38% in 2012.
Road freight will continue to dominate the sector and is projected to grow by 4.0% in 2013. The mode, however, did not manage to defy the downturn and the European Union (EU) pledges of a decrease in road haulage across the region, with freight volumes expected to remain well below the 2007 level.
Headline Industry Data
* 2013 Air freight tonnage is expected to grow by 9.1%.
* 2013 Rail freight is forecast
to grow by 2.4%.
* 2013 Road freight is forecast to grow by 4.0%.
* 2013 Inland waterway freight is forecast to grow by 3.8%.
* 2013 Total real trade growth is forecast at 2.8%.
Key Industry Trends
Czech Railways Considers Taking Part in PKP Cargo's IPO: Czech Republic's largest railway operator, state-owned Czech Railways (Ceske drahy, a.s.) confirmed its interest in the privatisation of the Polish rail freight operator PKP Cargo. The company will watch PKP Cargo's privatisation process and decide whether to take part in the IPO.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/686308_czech_republic_freight_transport_repo ..
Korean Air Receives Its Czech Airlines Shares: Korean Air has officially become the owner of 44% of Czech Airlines' shares on July 31 2013, following the closure of its deal with Czech Aeroholding. Korean Air transferred EUR2.64mn to the Czech Republic flag carrier's parent company and received 460,725 of Czech Airlines' shares. As a result of these transactions there are now three shareholders of Czech Airlines - Korean Air, Czech Aeroholding (53.74%) and Ceska pojistovna (2.26%).
Risks to Outlook
A more pronounced slowdown in eurozone growth than BMI currently forecasts would create a considerable downside risk to our forecasts for Czech Republic's freight transport growth. The country and the sector rely heavily on the external market for growth, particularly while domestic demand remains weak.
BMI's Country Risk team has revised down its real GDP growth forecast for the country to 0.2% in 2013 and to 1.3% in 2014. The country's reliance on trade and investment with Germany will filter down from slackening export demand to decreasing the Czech Republic's demand for imports, in turn affecting the country's freight transport outlook.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Freight Transport
- Business Environment
- Table: Road Freight, 2010-2017
- Table: Rail Freight, 2010-2017
- Inland Waterway
- Table: Inland Waterway Freight, 2010, 2017
- Table: Air Freight, 2010-2017
- Table: Trade Overview
- Table: Key Trade Indicators
- Table: Top Import Destinations, 2004-2011, US$mn
- Table: Top Export Destinations, 2004-2011, US$mn
Industry Trends And Developments
- Czech Airlines Cargo - Q4 2013
- AWT Group
- CD Cargo
- Domestic Politics
- Long-Term Political Outlook
- Table: Table: Political Overview
Oil Price Outlook
- Global Oil Products Price Outlook
- Crude Price Forecasts
- Table: BMI's Oil Price Forecasts, Average Price (US$/bbl)
- Product Prices Move Back Up But No Spikes Expected
- Narrower US Market Crude-Product Spreads
- Weak Demand Persists
- Table: BMI's Refined Products Forecasts, US$/bbl
- Supply: Supported By Global Refining Capacity
- Naphtha: Gas Renaissance Hits Demand
- Gasoline And Gasoil/Diesel: Subsidies & Fuel Efficiency Cap Upward Movement
- Jet Fuel: Slump Restricts Upward Movement
- Table: Total Air Freight And Passenger Volumes
- Bunker Fuels: No Rest To Downward Movement In Sight
- Demographic Outlook
- Table: The Czech Republic's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: The Czech Republic's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: The Czech Republic's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: The Czech Republic's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- Transport Industry
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.