2013-03-13 17:42:08 - New Energy research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
The German chemicals market, which accounts for a quarter of EU sales, will be pivotal to growth in overall European chemicals production. Indeed, the slowdown in domestic demand will inevitably lead to a reduction in imports. As a result, European producers cannot bank on German demand to compensate for weaknesses elsewhere in the EU market, and many will fail to match the competitiveness of the country's diverse and highly integrated petrochemicals industry. Meanwhile, key growth drivers in the German industry will be in high-end specification plastics and speciality chemicals, rather than the basic chemicals and polymers traded by producers in the Gulf region. This should, in due course, spur investment into the expansion of existing capacity and increase research and
development, with a focus on German operations.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/552294_germany_petrochemicals_report_q2_2013 ..
The performance of the German chemical industry in 2012 was below BMI's expectations with zero growth in domestic sales and a 3.0% decline in output. The sector was adversely affected by the ongoing Eurozone sovereign debt crisis as well as the slowdown in the wider global economy. However, a 2.5% rise in prices enabled the chemicals industry to maintain overall revenues at around EUR184bn, even while domestic sales declined 2.5% to EUR73.3bn. A contraction in the domestic market was counteracted by improved performance in markets outside the EU, leading to 2.0% growth in exports to EUR111bn, a new record for the industry. Growth came primarily from demand in Asia, the US and South America.
Over the last quarter BMI has revised the following forecasts/views:
* Germany scores 81.8 points and is placed first in BMI's Western European Petrochemicals Risk/Reward Ratings (RRRs), up 0.4 points since the previous quarter as a result of market stabilisation in Q412 and improved export performance which has improved its market risk score. This puts it 7.9 points ahead of the Netherlands.
* The demand situation should pick up in Q113 due to low inventories. Furthermore, petrochemicals producers are likely to bring forward their purchases to overcome constrained feedstock supply amid shutdowns.
* BMI has downgraded its production growth forecast from 2-3% to 1.5% in 2013 due to domestic market stagnation.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Business Environment
- Table: Germany's Petrochemicals Sector, 2010-2017 ('000 tpa, unless otherwise stated)
- Macroeconomic Forecast
- Table: Germany - GDP By Expenditure, Real Growth %
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Western Europe Petrochemicals Risk/Reward Ratings
- Risk Remains The Main Determinant Of Ratings
- Germany: The Undisputed Leader
- France: Vulnerable To A Future Downgrade
- Table: Western Europe Power Risk/Reward Ratings (Scores Out Of 100)
- Germany Petrochemicals Risk/Reward Ratings
Industry Trends And Developments
- BASF Aktiengesellschaft (BASF)
- BP Refining And Petrochemicals GmbH
- Europe Overview
- Short-term Outlook: Competitiveness And Pricing
- Looking Beyond Europe
- Shale Gas Boom To Change European Petrochemicals Outlook?
- Commonwealth Of Independent States' Capacity Growth
Global Petrochemicals Overview - Q213
- Global Petrochemicals Overview
- Change In Feedstock, But Not In Market Cycle
- Polymers Heading On Different Trajectories
- Global Oil Products Price Outlook
- Table: BMI's Oil Price Forecasts, Average Price (US$/bbl)
- Table: BMI's Refined Products Forecasts
- Refiners: Is The Party Over?
- Jet Fuel: Middle East & Africa Remain Positive As Global Air Traffic Slumps
- Table: Total Air Freight & Passenger Volumes
- Gasoline And Diesel: Demand Destruction Takes A Toll
- Naphtha: Asia Stays Afloat While Europe Sinks
- Bunker Fuels: Trans-Pacific Route Rebound Amid High Prices
- Table: Germany's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: Germany's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: Germany's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: Germany's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- Table: Glossary of Petrochemicals Terms
- Chemicals And Petrochemicals Industry
- Cross Checks
- Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: Petrochemicals Risk/Reward Indicators And Rationale
- Table: Weighting Of Indicators
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.