2013-12-30 05:18:32 - New Construction research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Construction activity in India has remained weak in FY2013/14 (April-March), and we believe this will likely remain the case for the rest of the fiscal year and early 2014/15. This is because some of the factors dampening construction activity in FY2012/13 - namely non-conducive monetary conditions, lacklustre infrastructure activity, and political risk - remain pertinent and have grown in prominence in recent months. That said, we believe a medium-term recovery could take place in India's construction sector and this is primarily due to the potential for an improvement in India's monetary conditions and regulatory climate.
Major developments in India's infrastructure industry:
* In September 2013, Maharashtra State Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan confirmed that the Mumbai Metro line 2 project has been
cancelled due to failure of the 'Build-Own-Operate-Transfer' model in metro projects. The state government remains in dispute with Reliance Infrastructure over the Mumbai Metro 1 project, with the company seeking a fare increase and advertising rights for the project.
* In October 2013, the Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) received five bids for the construction of a 4.5 km-long bridge for the proposed Sewri-Worli elevated corridor in the Indian state of Maharashtra. Five companies that have submitted bids for the project are Gammon India, Hindustan Construction Company, Larsen & Toubro, National Construction Company and Simplex Infrastructure. The project is expected to enhance connectivity between the eastern and western suburbs in Mumbai. The project, estimated to cost INR4.9bn (US$79.95mn), is scheduled to start in early 2014, with completion expected within 48 months from the date of awarding the contract.
* In October 2013, the railway ministry of India officially established the High Speed Rail Corporation of India (HSRC). The state-owned enterprise, initially formed in July 2012, will be a wholly owned subsidiary of state-owned Rail Vikas Nigam (RVNL), a special purpose vehicle that carries out the construction works for state-owned railway operator Indian Railways. HSRC is expected to co-exist with the High-Speed Rail Authority of India (HSRA). The latter is expected to determine the framework and the scope of works needed for India's high-speed railway plans, with the former executing these decisions. The first objective of HSRC is to prepare studies and specifications for the proposed Mumbai-Ahmedabad high speed line.
* In November 2013, the Airports Authority of India said that the date to announce the shortlisted bidders for six public-private partnership airport projects has been delayed to November 27 2013 for the Lucknow airport, December 23 2013 for the Chennai airport, January 20 2014 for the Kolkata airport, December 26 2013 for the Jaipur airport, January 6 2014 for the Ahmedabad airport and January 20 2014 for the Guwahati airport. The projects involve operating, managing and developing the entire airport, including the airside and city side facilities.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/754551_india_infrastructure_report_q1_2014.a ..
Partial Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Construction And Infrastructure Forecast Scenario
- Table: India Construction And Infrastructure Industry Forecasts, 2012/13 -2017/18
- Table: India Construction And Infrastructure Industry Forecasts, 2018/19 -2023/24
- Improving Medium-Term
- Table: Factbox - Key Elements On India's Land Acquisition Bill 2012
- Transport Infrastructure - Outlook And Overview
- Table: India Transport Infrastructure Industry Forecasts, 2012/13 - 2017/18
- Table: India Transport Infrastructure Long Term Forecasts, 2018/19 - 2023/24
- Table: Competitiveness Of India's Infrastructure
- Table: India - High-Speed Railway PPP Projects Being Planned
- Table: Phases Of Development For The Navi Mumbai International Airport
- Major Projects Table - Transport
- Table: Major Projects - Transport
- Energy And Utilities Infrastructure - Outlook And Overview
- Table: India Energy and Utilities Infrastructure Industry Forecasts, 2012/13 - 2017/18
- Table: India Energy and Utilities Infrastructure Industry Forecasts, 2018/19 - 2023/24
- Table: Nuclear Power Reactors
- Major Projects Table - Energy & Utilities
- Table: Major Projects - Energy & Utilities
- Residential/Non-Residential Construction - Outlook And Overview
- Table: India Residential and Non-Residential Building Industry Forecasts, 2012/13-2017/18
- Table: India Residential and Non-residential Building Long Term Forecasts, 2018/19-2023/24
- Table: Changes In Foreign Investment Policy
- Major Projects Table - Residential/Non-Residential Construction And Social Infrastructure
- Table: Major Projects - Residential/Non-Residential Construction And Social Infrastructure
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- India - Infrastructure Risk/Reward Ratings
- Asia - Infrastructure Industry Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: Asia Pacific Infrastructure Risk Reward Ratings
- Competitive Landscape
- Table: EQS Data
- Gammon India
- Larsen & Toubro
- Reliance Infrastructure
- Global Infrastructure Overview
Global Industry Overview
- Table: Latin America PPP Round-Up
- Industry Forecast Methodology
- Sector Specific Methodology
Full Table of Contents is available at:
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.