2013-01-15 13:02:26 - Recently published research from Datamonitor, "Innovations and Trends in the Image-Guided and Robot-Assisted Surgery Markets", is now available at Fast Market Research
Image-guided and robot-assisted surgery have gained wide acceptance in the last 15 years, moving from novel techniques to widespread application. This analysis provides assessment of the current practice of image-guided and robot-assisted surgery, with insights into emerging trends, technological innovations, global market conditions, and potential opportunities.
* Understand the core technologies on which image-guided and robot-assisted surgery techniques are based.
* Identify the most common applications of image-guided and robot-assisted surgeries.
* Identify the emerging trends that will influence the direction of the image-guided and robot-assisted surgery markets.
* Evaluate the market opportunity and assess market drivers and resistors.
* Compare the strengths and weaknesses of key companies in the image-guided and robot-assisted surgery markets.
- www.fastmr.com/prod/529655_innovations_and_trends_in_the_imagegu ..
Image-guided and robot-assisted surgery technologies extend the application of the minimally invasive approach beyond simple procedures using laparoscopy to more complex procedures. Over the past 15 years, such techniques have shifted from emerging to established technologies and have become standard of care in some applications.
The image-guided and robot-assisted surgery markets are expected to continue to experience moderate growth, though at a lower rate than occurred prior to the global economic recession. Despite the decreased growth, the markets will continue to retain healthy profit margins.
Despite the pressures within healthcare sectors in the developed world, there will be increased implementation of advanced image-guided and robotic surgical procedures attributable to the growing realization that they offer increased patient value through improved outcomes, faster recoveries and lower overall costs for complex procedures.
Reasons to Get this Report
* What are the factors controlling the current state of the image-guided and robot-assisted surgery markets?
* What are the most important innovations that are beginning to influence the direction in which the fields are moving?
* Are the benefits of image-guided and robot-assisted surgery techniques widely accepted as outweighing the costs?
* What is the nature of the current competitive landscape and how is it changing?
* Where are the most promising opportunities for future innovation and growth?
Report Table of Contents:
About Datamonitor Healthcare
About the Healthcare Strategic Analysis team
Chapter 1 Development of image-guided and robot-assisted surgery
Minimally invasive surgery
Chapter 2 Technologies and applications
Magnetic resonance imaging
Positron emission tomography
Robot-assisted surgery technologies
Robotic surgical tools and assistants
Obstetrics and gynecology
Current application of image-guided surgery
Current application of robot-assisted surgery
Chapter 3 Emerging trends and innovations
Growing use of electronic data
Increasing use of simulators and models for surgical training and planning
"Fit for purpose" devices for global implementation
Changes to healthcare provision
High intensity focused ultrasound
Task-specific surgical robots
Image-guided robotic surgery
Summary of innovative technologies
Chapter 4 Measuring the opportunity - market size and projected
Current market size
Current market geographical distribution
Projected market size to 2021
Key market drivers and barriers
Chapter 5 Company profiles - selected key players
Chapter 6 Conclusions
Conclusions and recommendations
Current market assumptions
Market projection assumptions
Companies and technologies
The Datamonitor Group is a world-leading provider of premium global business information, delivering independent data, analysis and opinion across the Automotive, Consumer Markets, Energy & Utilities, Financial Services, Logistics & Express, Pharmaceutical & Healthcare, Retail, Technology and Telecoms industries. Datamonitor's market intelligence products and services ensure that you will achieve your desired commercial goals by giving you the insight you need to best respond to your competitive environment. View more research from Datamonitor at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1002
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.