2013-02-03 08:23:45 - Fast Market Research recommends "Kazakhstan Infrastructure Report Q1 2013" from Business Monitor International, now available
BMI View: Kazakhstan's Construction and infrastructure sector continues to power ahead and we see investment flocking to the oil rich country in 2013. We anticipate year-on-year growth of 7% in 2013 rising to 9.6% by 2014, driven by demand for the country's resources. The industry value is expected to nearly triple from US$16.1bn in 2013 to US44.8bn by the end of our forecast period in 2021. The main downside risk remains long-term political stability.
Key developments in the sector:
* The European Bank for Reconstruction & Development will assist the Kazakhstan city of Almaty in awarding a public-private partnership (PPP) contract for the development of a 'fast tram' line. According to a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the bank and the
city, the 14km light rail line to replace the existing tram route on Momyshuly, Makatayev and Zhetysu streets is estimated to cost US$300mn. Czech firm Inekon had already been named the supplier of up to 34 light rail vehicles.
* Kazakhstan plans to sell up to 10% of its state grid KEGOC in an initial public offering (IPO) in Q213. The government hopes to raise around US$500mn from the first round of IPOs and is also considering issuing international bonds in 2013. According to sovereign wealth fund Smaurk-Kazyna deputy head Kuandyk Bishimbayev,several state companies could be sold in 2013.
* The World Bank has approved a US$1.07bn loan to Kazakhstan for the construction of a new highway connecting Almaty city with Khorgos in China, Road Traffic-Technology reports. The project is expected to be completed in 2015. The cost is estimated at US$1.25bn, with the remaining US$188.5mn donated by the Kazakh government.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/529414_kazakhstan_infrastructure_report_q1_2 ..
We forecast Kazakhstan's real GDP growth will reach 5.8% in 2013 up slightly from an estimated 5.3% in 2012. Relatively high oil prices will continue to boost domestic demand and public investment, somewhat counteracting the continued slowdown in global demand. However, we caution that risks to this outlook are firmly to the downside, with macroeconomic headwinds prevailing from the slowdown in China and the persistent eurozone sovereign debt crisis.
Report Table of Contents:
- Kazakhstan Infrastructure Industry SWOT
- Competitive Landscape
- Table: Cement Price / Volume, % Variance (6M11/6M12)
- Cement Forecasts
- Table: Kazakhstan Cement Production and Consumption Data, 2010-2016
- Table: Kazakhstan Cement Production and Consumption Long Term Forecasts, 2015-2021
Industry Forecast Scenario
- Table: Kazakhstan Construction And Infrastructure Industry Data, 2010-2016
- Table: Kazakhstan Construction And Infrastructure Long Term Forecasts, 2015-2021
- Construction And Infrastructure Forecast Scenario
- Outlook and Overview
- Major Projects Table - Transport
- Table: Major Projects - Transport
Energy and Utilities Infrastructure
- Outlook and Overview
- Major Projects Table - Energy And Utilities
- Table: Major Projects - Energy and Utilities
Residential/Non-Residential Construction and Social Infrastructure
- Outlook and Overview
- Major Projects Table - Residential/Non-Residential Construction and Social Infrastructure
- Table: Major Projects - Residential/Non-Residential Construction and Social Infrastructure
- Kazakhstan's Risk/Reward Ratings
- Regional Overview
- Central and Eastern Europe Infrastructure Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: CEE Infrastructure Risk/Reward Ratings, Scores out of 100
- KazMunaiGaz (KMG)
- Industry Forecasts
- Construction Industry
- Data Methodology
- New Infrastructure Data Sub-sectors
- Capital Investment
- Construction Sector Employment
- Infrastructure Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: Infrastructure Business Environment Indicators
- Project Finance Ratings
- Table: Design And Construction Phase
- Table: Commissioning And Operating Phase - Commercial Construction
- Table: Commissioning And Operating Phase - Energy And Utilities
- Table: Commissioning And Operating Phase - Transport
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.