2012-09-12 15:08:20 - New Financial Services market report from Timetric: "Personal Accident and Health Insurance in Iran, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016"
During the review period, inadequate public healthcare facilities compared to private hospitals in terms of specialty and super-specialty treatment and high rate of road accidents influenced the personal accident and health insurance segment. The Iranian healthcare system comprises mainly of public and private healthcare services and the High Council of Medical Services Insurance decides the tariff schedule for these services. It doesn't, however, have any control over the private healthcare tariffs provided by private healthcare providers. Furthermore, Iranian regulation and monitoring of private healthcare providers is not effective, which also influences the growth of private healthcare.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/462047_personal_accident_and_health_insuranc ..
* Industrial growth in the country, rising GDP, healthcare expenditure as out-of-pocket expenses and
the growth of the middle class population is expected to drive the personal accident and health insurance segment over the forecast period.
* The Iranian public healthcare system is used by the population for primary health services. The primary healthcare services are delivered by public sector hospitals and are almost free of cost. Specialty and super-specialty services are, however, distributed by private hospitals.
* The Iranian healthcare system comprises of private and public sectors with adequate coverage of medical needs for the population. Over the past decade, from 2002 to 2011, the Iranian healthcare system underwent several changes in order to address the accessibility of health services.
* Personal accident insurance accounted for the second largest market, in terms of gross written premium, in the Iranian personal accident and health insurance segment.
* A rise in risk awareness among Iranians influenced the growth of travel insurance during the review period while factors such as rising healthcare costs and the increased number of road accidents is expected to drive the growth of travel insurance over the forecast period.
* The Iranian personal accident and health insurance segment is distributed through insurance brokers and agency channels.
* As of 2011, there were a total of 23 insurance companies operating in the Iranian insurance industry, including one state-owned company, Iran Insurance Company, which dominated the personal accident and health insurance segment.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the personal accident and health insurance market in Iran:
* It provides historical values for the Iranian personal accident and health insurance market for the report's 2007-2011 review period and forecast figures for the 2012-2016 forecast period
* It offers a detailed analysis of the key sub-segments in the Iranian personal accident and health insurance market, along with market forecasts until 2016
* It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions
* It analyses the various distribution channels for insurance products in Iran
* Using Porter's industry-standard "Five Forces" analysis, it details the competitive landscape in Iran for the personal accident and health insurance business
* It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance market in Iran and its growth prospects
* It profiles the top personal accident and health insurance companies in Iran and outlines the key regulations affecting them
Reasons to Purchase
* Make strategic business decisions using in depth historic and forecast market data related to the Iranian personal accident and health insurance market and each sector within it
* Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities within the Iranian personal accident and health insurance market
* Assess the competitive dynamics in the personal accident and health insurance market
* Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key product categories
* Gain insights into key regulations governing the Iranian insurance market and its impact on companies and the market's future
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Iran Insurance Company, Asia Insurance Co., Dana Insurance Company, Mellat Insurance Company
Timetric is an independent economic and business research firm providing critical intelligence on emerging economies and key global industries. They provide detailed economic and sector intelligence, business insights and authoritative, independent commentary. View more research from Timetric at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1037
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.