2012-10-27 18:23:57 - New Computer Technology market report from Business Monitor International: "Peru Information Technology Report Q4 2012"
BMI View: Peru's IT market is forecast to increase to US$1.6bn in 2012, up by about 14%, with our forecast upwardly revised as robust consumer demand and government spending lifts IT investment. Peru has one of the smaller IT markets in the Latin American region, but spending is projected to grow at a CAGR of 10% over the 2012-2016 period, making it a high-growth global IT market. Despite strong advances in recent years and an estimated US$200mn spent on laptops for schools, a PC penetration rate of around 20% indicates there is plenty of potential for further development. BMI expects Peru's strong IT demand story to continue in 2012, driven by household spending, after private credit growth picked up strongly
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/464532_peru_information_technology_report_q4 ..
Headline Expenditure Projections
Computer hardware sales: US$731mn in 2011 to US$821mn in 2012, +12% in US dollar terms. Forecast in US dollar terms unchanged, following a solid PC market performance in 2011.
Software sales: US$164mn in 2011 to US$191mn in 2012, +16% in US dollar terms. Forecast in US dollar terms unchanged, with most current demand in functional terms, being for enterprise resource planning (ERP) and supply chain management (SCM.)
IT Services sales: US$497mn in 2011 to US$588mn in 2012, +18% in US dollar terms. Forecast in US dollar terms upwardly revised due to macroeconomic factors as the growing level of investment in hardware and software solutions translates into demand for more sophisticated IT services.
Risk/Reward Ratings: Peru's score was 54.9 out of 100.0. Peru is in sixth place in our latest Americas RRR table, ahead of Argentina, Colombia and Venezuela.
Key Trends & Developments
* In 2012, Peru's household PC segment will remain the main PC market driver, as Peruvian consumers become increasingly affluent, and forecast lower unemployment helps confidence. Peru's Free Trade Agreement with the US has reduced tariffs by up to 80% and is continuing to fuel IT investments. Peru's appreciating exchange rate will also boost household's purchasing power.
* Investment will be a key determinant of the strength of IT demand in 2012. Businesses appear to have embarked on a new cycle of hardware upgrades and this should continue in 2012. The mining sector should be in the vanguard of private investment. However, uncertainty about President Humala's economic policies could act as a drag on business investment.
* Government IT project spending should be maintained. Areas of opportunity could include health, pensions, tax and e-government projects, as well as affordable computer and other digital divide programmes. Local governments, which have money from mining and gas tax revenue, are expected to invest more in IT.
Report Table of Contents:
- Peru IT Sector SWOT
- Peru Telecoms Industry SWOT
- Peru Political SWOT
- Peru Economic SWOT
- Peru Business Environment SWOT
Americas Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: Americas Risk/Reward Ratings, Q412
Americas IT Markets Overview
- IT Penetration
- Market Growth And Drivers
- Sectors And Verticals
- Government Authority
- Industry Developments
- Table: Peru IT Sector - Historical Data & Forecasts
- Country Context
- Table: Rural/Urban Breakdown, 2005-2030
- Table: Consumer Expenditure, 2000-2012 (US$)
Industry Forecast Internet
- Table: Telecoms Sector - Internet, 2009-2016
- IT Services
- Internet Competitive Landscape
- Table: Peru - Economic Activity, 2011-2016
- Table: Selected Dell Mergers And Acquisitions
Country Snapshot: Peru Demographic Data
- Table: Peru's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: Peru's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: Peru's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: Peru's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- How We Generate Our Industry Forecasts
- IT Industry
- IT Ratings - Methodology
- Table: IT Business Environment Indicators
- Table: Weighting Of Components
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.